Chapter 108.1- Aftereffects

Floating City laboratory.

The values on the instruments were heading towards normal figures. Researcher Song, who’d been closely watching the monitoring, finally pushed up his glasses and let out a long exhale, “Fortunately he’s alright...”

There was a tinkling sound from the cabinet as Researcher Song took out over a dozen deep purple, advanced mental pacifiers. He looked obviously more relaxed than he had earlier as he sighed emotionally, “Prepare to bring Little Witch out in a bit. Out of all the cases I’ve seen, this is considered a good result. Could it be that Brother Wei is subconsciously protecting Little Witch...”

“Mao Dongqing?” Researcher Song didn’t hear any other sound for a long time and looked back. He saw that Mao Dongqing had spaced out, silent, his shoulders rigid.

Floating City’s law enforcement marshal finally came back to his senses and squeezed out, “Yes, it might... should be.”

R-Code Base.

Wu Jin woke up in the dim light.

Wei Shi appeared instantly, carefully carrying over a bowl of steaming porridge.

The pumpkin porridge carried a light scent of sweet cheese. The youth blew on it carefully and handed the spoon to Wu Jin, “Open your mouth.”

Wu Jin obediently opened up his mouth and licked the spoon before accepting it and drinking it down.

Wu Jin ate two mouthfuls and stopped. His body was a mass of chaotic pain. Wei Shi even went so far as to coax him, tricking him into drinking down another few mouthfuls before Wu Jin finally bit down on the spoon and puffed out his cheeks to prevent Wei Shi from feeding him more.

“Okay, okay, okay.” Wei Shi could only raise up his hands in surrender before he was able to pull the spoon back out.

He was originally planning to drink down the rest of the hot porridge from the bowl, but his gaze stiffened, and he stopped.

He picked up Wu Jin’s spoon and slowly scooped up a bite.

After breakfast, Wei Shi immediately pulled out a small padded jacket for Wu Jin, who was still feeling cold.

“Go outside and get some sunshine. I’ll hold you.” Wei Shi rubbed the little shortie’s hands and led him outside.

The little padded jacket was only a little bit bigger than Wu Jin. It was obviously not Wei Shi’s own clothing.

The youth made light of it and said that he’d borrowed it from the people next door, but Wu Jin could see traces of fighting on the big boss even in the vague lighting. The clothing had probably been stolen or ‘borrowed’ through violence.

A few small words were sewn on the inside of the cuff with needle and thread.

Wu Jin squinted at it for a long time and finally reached out to touch it. He was barely able to make out the words.

Mao Qiukui.

“Wear pants.”

The little shortie was tossed around by the inexperienced youth as he lay there bonelessly on the bed and refused. Finally, he was forced to pull on his pants by the big boss.

“You look good in anything!” Wei Shi vowed solemnly with a forehead full of sweat.

“......” Wu Jin pulled up the quilt to block out the pickle-colored autumn pants that were also from Red.

So, the youth had to turn around and coax him to stretch out his legs to put on his shoes––

Two little, snow-white feet came out of the quilt.