Chapter 14- Work Visa

Inside the training room, Wu Jin’s hand flew as he took notes.

“When stopping bleeding by applying pressure, the injured limb must be raised up, and the pressure must be applied above the joint...”

“Ideal shelters should be made away from falling rocks and wildlife attacks. The program won’t prevent contestants from sleeping in a pit, but it is important to consider how many viewers are watching the live broadcast.”

“Supplies can be traded for assistance points prior to setting out. This includes medicine. If you don’t understand pharmacology––please ask the agent to write out the instructions for you in advance. The Crosson Show’s death rate is one in fifteen thousand. Out of a full thirty seasons, only one contestant died because he took atropine after being bitten by a poisonous snake. The life-saving capsule and all of the on-site medical staff were unable to bring him back.”

“If you don’t even know what atropine is––I suggest you pack loose powder in your supplies. Not only does it not endanger your life, you can even fix up your makeup during the program.”

Blood Pigeon made an innocuous joke, and the training room bubbled with a cheerful mood.

Wu Jin’s right hand that had been taking notes paused.

It crept slowly towards the terminal.

And started to input search terms at a swift pace.

Caesar glanced over and almost burst out laughing on the spot, only barely managing to hold it in.

At the end of class, Wu Jin obtained a stretch of rope from the program team and earnestly practiced the rope knots that Blood Pigeon had taught during class.

When they reached a place with very few people, Caesar finally couldn’t help it anymore and roared, “Hahahaha, Little Witch really doesn’t know what atropine is, hahahaha... Where did a little cutie like you grow up hahaha... Come, your big brother will help you find information!”

Wu Jin obediently handed over the terminal.

Caesar had just started to enter a query when a series of search records popped up. After atropine, Wu Jin had also searched for a series of wide spectrum antidotes, blockers, symptoms of central nervous system failure, and so on.

Caesar was stunned. In a mere two-hour course, Wu Jin had entered over three hundred queries.

“How many pages of notes did you take?” Zoe poked his head in.

Wu Jin opened up his notes, revealing rows of neat and tidy handwriting. There were large gaps left between the lines, to be filled in with supplementary information later on. A full twelve pages were filled with brief notes and vague symbols.

Zoe reached over and swiped away the notebook.

“Type A support?”

Wu Jin stilled, then opened his mouth dazedly, “Parachute equipped with tree beams. Suitable as a basic tent in mild weather.”

Caesar pulled up a string of text from the search records, “Da-da-something hole&#k2026;”

“Dakota fire hole,” Wu Jin quickly corrected him. “One of the ways to make a fire with the least amount of smoke. It is effective when trying to avoid exposure of one’s position. The main hole will consume oxygen that is pulled in through the secondary hole&#k2026;”

Caesar’s mouth fell open, “Was this from the class just now?”

Zoe sighed, “The instructor mentioned an underground fire once.”