Chapter 122.2- Montespan

He took a deep inhale of the smell of big boss inside the instance, lying in one place for one second, then shifting to another spot the next, moving around everywhere restlessly. He vaguely seemed to have returned back to the R-Code base when he’d still been able to bully the young little angelic Wei Shi and was so happy he stopped just short of letting out happy soap bubbles.

“Stop moving.” The man’s voice was hoarse.

Wu Jin instantly became well-behaved and gave a slightly nasal sound of acknowledgement––

Wei Shi’s gaze was deep. He wanted to wake him up, yet also couldn’t bear to do so. He could only rub twice against the side of the youth’s neck in revenge, the rough, callused fingertips swiping across the healed bite mark. Unexpectedly, Vera, who was next to the fireplace in the distance, woke up bleary eyed at this time, pushing aside the biography that had been over her head.

Wu Jin woke up again with a whoosh.

The youth’s eyes were wide and round. Seeing that Vera was about to lift up the biography, he was anxious to pull away from the big boss. Unexpectedly, his ankle was still caught on the big boss’s leg, and his entire center of gravity was unstable, causing him to topple over from the bottom of the chair.

Wei Shi was quick to reach out and catch him, but Wu Jin was like a salted fish as he rolled off in a daze, falling with a thump onto the carpet.

Wei Shi: “......”

Vera woke up completely in an instant. Seeing that Wu Jin had fallen miserably onto the ground while Wei Shi sat in his chair and looked at him, she became furious, “Isn’t it just that he couldn’t solve the problem! What are you kicking him for! What’ll you do if you break Little Witch!”

She glanced at the camera and saw that the recording lights were off, then added happily, “Scum man!”

A quarter of an hour later, Wu Jin’s lips and mouth were dry as he finally finished explaining. Vera hesitated, then said, “How nice was it when we had just started looking for paintings! Little Witch, don’t be afraid, we managed to drive away the great demon king Wei Yan, and we can also drive away Wei Shi!”

Wu Jin was about to continue explaining when the corner of his gaze accidentally swept down over the rectangles––

He suddenly went still.

“Look for paintings... the rectangles are the frames.”

Vera was at a loss, “What frames––”

Wu Jin spoke quickly, “The Franco-Dutch War, the Great Alliance War, and so on are the themes of the paintings, and rectangles are how the frames are arranged. There is only one place in the entire Palace of Versailles where the entire history of the French wars and coups are described in oil paintings.”

“The war corridor.”

“The next clue to the Louis XIV card is in the war corridor.”

Wu Jin pushed the chair aside and stood up. “Let’s go, let’s finish this deal.”

9PM at night. Chu Chu immediately went to find the Wei Shi who’d headed to the fragrance mixing room when she learned that they’d cracked the clue. This &#k2018;King’ accepted the lead they’d been given and disappeared into the Versailles night.

“Wait a minute, Madame de Montespan’s information...” Wu Jin reached out in a frenzy, “The deal! The transaction!”

Chu Chu comforted him, “Don’t worry! The big god will give it to you!”

The group of them went back to the long table. Not only Vera, but also Chu Chu and Wu Jin all took the chance to sleep in the dark. During the high-intensity competition period of the show, they were only able to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep at most during each day and night cycle.