Chapter 6- Unregistered Resident

Wu Jin didn't realize that he had been filmed from head to toe by six or seven cameras even before he had woken up.

The process of prying contestants out of the capsule had always been simple and crude:

Open the lock, issue them a qualification certificate and, at most, hand them a cheap towel before sending them away on the spot.

At the moment, however, the director's careful movements were nothing like breaking open an egg and digging someone out of it. Rather, it was more like cautiously retrieving a beautiful mermaid from a pearl scallop shell.

--After having become accustomed to the grizzled and dusty faces who clutched their guns to them and made rattling sounds as they snored, the Wu Jin who was still in the life-saving capsule was simply like aesthetic grace sent down from heaven.

Even his feet and neck were glittering, translucent, and extremely lovable.

Inside the life-saving capsule, the sleeping juvenile's eyelashes fluttered, and he finally, slowly opened his eyes.

His pupils were a pale amber and had a slight trace of glittering dampness, reflecting the clear blue sky as well as the omnipresent cameras. It was probably because he was still in a daze after just waking up, but he looked so lovely that it made others unable to bear disturbing him.

"Contestant 300012?" The director had a gentle expression on his face as he spoke.

Wu Jin was still dazed; he unconsciously rubbed his cheek against the rabbit, and it seemed that he thought it was a pillow.

There was the sound of sharp inhalations around them, and several of the female stage assistants who had stretched out their heads to peep suddenly pressed hands against their chests as they felt their hearts quiver from the cuteness.

The director looked at the roster: "Wu Jin... Contestant Wu?"

Wu Jin's pupils refocused. He blinked, then nodded obediently.

"How is your body? Are you uncomfortable anywhere?"

"I..." The youth's voice was carried a slight nasal tone from his extended sleep and his eyelashes never stopped fluttering as he finally took in the scene spread out before him.

In the place where open space met with the grasslands, the small plane that had ejected him yesterday was sitting on the tarmac. A little under half of the billboards had been replaced, and the remaining ones all had an additional line of black text printed on them--

"Crosson Reality Show Season 42 Sponsorship! Limited Investment, Unlimited Returns!!! For more information, contact XXX-XXX-XXXX"

Wu Jin: "!!!"

As Contestant Wu woke up, the crowd huddled in front of him burst into noise and excitement. Someone handed Wu Jin a qualification certificate, someone else kicked up a fuss about taking his temperature, and yet another person hastily rushed to hand him a towel.

"Make way, make way!"

"Why is it a disposable towel? Quickly change it to cashmere for this contestant! Come, Little Witch, how about you wrap yourself up in this towel and come out for a photo... Right, right. Your sense of the lens is pretty good!"

Wu Jin looked down at the qualification certificate. The words 'Qualification for the Second Round' threw him into an instant panic, "I, I actually--"

The program producer suddenly butted in, "Pack up, pack up. Let Contestant Wu leave the scene first! Several sponsors have already offered a deal and are waiting to sign an advertising endorsement contract! We won't confirm the deals today, since the contracts can't be signed without the actual person present. I think the price can be raised again if it's postponed for a while!"