Chapter 48.2- Unstable Period

Half an hour later, the insectoid beasts dispersed like the tide. Wu Jin gasped violently for breath and staggered to the edge of the training room. He drank down an entire tube of recovery agent and went over the training video while waiting for his physical strength to recover, constantly making fine adjustments.

An hour later, Wu Jin started the second set again.

The training difficulty for his tactical evasion had increased from beginner-intermediate to intermediate.

Outside the door, a sweaty Zoe knocked on the door, wanting to take his team member back with him. He didn’t obtain any response and left a message on the terminal before going back through the overpass to sleep on his own.

Two and a half hours later.

The lights inside the base went out one by one, and only two or three training rooms remained active.

In the control room, a young man with a feathered mask was still arguing fiercely with the same person, “None of our colleagues feel any affection for you at all!”

The other party responded coolly, “I’m sorry. I don’t feel anything about that.”

“You’re lying! In your heart, you only have your guinea pig, and your younger brother Silly Red comes second. There’s no pitiful Arjun in there at all! You should just f*cking go and marry that guinea pig and be done with it! And have Silly Red call the guinea pig sister-in-law...”

The other party retorted dispassionately, “Impossible. The glory of Floating City is always in first place. Darling comes second.”

“You’re even calling Silly Red’s sister-in-law Darling!”

The other side interrupted his endless pestering, “Just say what you want to say. Arjun.”

Arjun snorted and said angrily, “My training this month has been motherf*cking increased again... It must be that Brother Wei learned about what happened this morning. I have to come and pick someone up.”

The other party raised his brows, “Who?”

Arjun tensed up, “You know, that one. I can’t go over there in order to avoid suspicion, you know? I’ve already parked the car for you outside. You go and pick them up.”

The other person refused him decisively, “No.”

Unexpectedly, Arjun suddenly pulled open his jacket and proudly plucked something out from inside––a ping-pong ball rattler.

“Your guinea pig’s favorite toy is in my hands. If you don’t agree, I’ll tear up the ping-pong ball toy! You can have it play with toilet paper rolls instead!”

The other side: “......”

After Arjun successfully issued his threat, he switched over to using softer tactics, “Little Song said that Brother Wei is going to undergo the next treatment process today. The black cat has already been sent in to accompany him. We can also send a person over to express our concern and care for Brother Wei. Ah, Big Mao, those of us who are his subordinates should be able to figure out what our superior wants. Brother Wei might not say it, but we should still do something!”

The other party suddenly frowned, “Researcher Song said that he should be accompanied by his therapy companion?”

Arjun nodded.

The other party made a sound of acknowledgement, “Give me the car key. I’ll send them over.”

Arjun was surprised, “... You agreed just like that? Ah, my god, Big Mao, you’re amazing! The car is parked in my spot. Brother Wei will be back at twelve o’clock. Take that... Student Little Witch... and send him over directly. Be extra polite! They’re only nineteen. Don’t be too obvious!”