10.2. - Personal Connections - Part 2

"Damn, it's so...," I'm looking for the right word while staring at my growing follower count. It's risen to 89 million.

"Mind-blowing?" Erik helps me.

"Well, I got many haters as well," I sigh but it's no surprise.

I feel overwhelmed so I switch off all Vortex notifications on my phone. Three hours ago, right after our shower, I entrusted Ingri my login details and let her take care of my social media completely. She seemed eager to take that task and asked Hana for a tablet to borrow. The housekeeper gave her the newest model and told her she can keep it. That's Liana's wealth for you.

My phone beeps but this time it's not Vortex but a regular text message.

Filip (15:24)

Hey... ehm... I saw you. Obviously. I just want to say that I'm cool with that.

Crap, I try to hide my phone but Erik is quicker and glances at the screen. I feel he's getting pissed but he sighs out and calms down.

"Your previous lover?" he asks plainly.

"Y-yeah," I nod. "Sorry, I wanted to end it with him after we became a thing but I didn't have a chance."

"I understand," he's surprisingly calm about it. "Do it now then."

"N-now?" I flinch.

Another message arrives shortly after the first one.

Filip (15:26)

You know, I actually adore your wings. I imagine you're even cuter with them. Can we do it when you recover? I totally wanna try.

"Now, Ryuu!" Erik purses his lips.

"O-okay," I admit I have to end this right away so that I don't give Filip false hopes.

I liked him so out of respect towards him, I make a proper phone call. I thank him for our time together and mention I have a boyfriend now.

"Good for you, Ryuuto," Filip's reaction surprises me. "So you finally opened up to someone?"

"Ehm... was I that obvious?" I sigh.

"Totally," Filip answers. "I'm really happy you've found someone decent."

"Thank you. Goodbye, Filip, I wish you all the best," I say sincerely.

"Good luck, my cute nerd, you'll need it," he says and ends the call.

"Well, that was okay," Erik is content. "Will you deal with the other guy?"

"I'll wait until he writes to me first," I shake my head. "I bet he needs time to process what's happening. Oh, I'm cold again."

Erik fetches the hoodie Ingri kindly adjusted for my wings.

"It seems right temperature will be very important for Celestials," he says and helps me to put in on.

"We were wearing completely different clothes in the game. Do you want to see?" I grab my phone and show him my ingame picture.

"Wow, what a beauty," he whistles. "Not that you're not pretty in real life," he quickly adds. "It's just... that long silver hair and princess clothes do their job."

"It's not princess clothes," I poke him. "It's basically a fantasy version of kimono."

"Sorry, I don't see any difference," he giggles but then he gets serious. "Oh, I almost forgot. So what was the deal with your Mom making you test VR?"