8.2. Having Wings Isn't My Biggest Problem - Part 2

Hungry, so hungry. Exhausted. My whole body hurting, my back is sore. A weird sensation of new limbs. Twitching. Pins and needles all over my skin. A strange pulsating energy inside of me.

Ryuu, Erik kisses me on my forehead. Open to me again, please.

I do. I'm confident I can contain my pain now.

Did I manage...?

Obviously, he laughs in his head.

I slowly open my eyes. Erik is hugging me carefully, the doors are open and I can hear the news on.

"Majority of Draconia Online's players are experiencing mild pain, redness around areas of extra limbs they have ingame and great hunger every few hours. Symptoms of the person in the video are very advanced and might indicate a likely future for others if it's truly genuine."

"The players claim that the person in question must be Aefener, one of the most famous VR streamers."

"According to an anonymous source, Laura Richter, the owner of AstraTech, is currently harbouring Aefener. Their personal connection is still unknown."

Erik, are my wings...? I'm afraid to ask.

Beautiful, he assures me with a kiss.

How long was I out?

Eleven hours, you had us worried.

We keep kissing, hungry for each other.

"Ryuu's up!" Fefnir looks into our room. "Eh, they're at it again. Don't they ever have enough?"

"There's never enough of boys' love," Ingri's head appears in the doorway and she giggles.

I imagine my transformation must have been quite nasty but the sheets on our bed were changed for clean ones and I survived which is all that matters. Plus, Fefnir and Ingri joking must be a good sign.

Erik sighs as he'd like to have more private time together but there're much more important things right now than cuddling. I need to eat... and see my wings!

Liana joins us, eyeing me. I try to turn my head but I'm too weak to move a muscle. Hana discreetly enters the room and kindly positions a big mirror for me to see.

"Oh," I let out a sigh of relief. "They are..."

"Cute," Erik finishes for me, grinning. "Really, really cute."

The wings... I expected them to be all dirty, wrinkled and ugly without feathers but they're surprisingly pretty. No blood and no wrinkled skin. Feathers need some time to fully grow but my wings are already covered in white fluff. Only the bandaged areas around them are a reminder of how rough it was when they came out.

"I washed them while you were sleeping," Erik says proudly. I thank him with another kiss; it means a lot to me. My boyfriend washing my wings... he really isn't repulsed by my new limbs!

Erik then puts the mirror in front of me so that I can check my face. My eyes are completely golden now and hair continues to grow quickly. It looks a bit funny having two colours. I guess I'll need a haircut soon.

"Is the golden meaningful?" he asks.

"Celestial eyes are adjusted for bright sun," I explain. "On the other hand, we don't have very good night vision. Clawfangs and Dragonkin do."

My stomach rumbles, painfully.

"I'm sooo hungry," I lament.

"Sure, sure," Liana nods happily and calls her servants to heat the food for me.