39.3. Political Relations - Part 3

"We uncovered that he's part of the organisation that calls itself the Devotees of Apostles," Bennett says slowly with emphasis on perfect articulation. "They're a Christian sect that has been gaining many followers recently, mainly in Europe, North America and parts of South America."

Do you know them, Li? I have to admit it doesn't ring a bell, I ask my Viceroy for advice.

Nope, I'm in the dark here as well, she answers.

"How could some sect manage to breach our security?" Liana asks aloud. "I have the best encryption protocols and the best people on the job."

"I'm guessing their follower was secretly working for you," Bennett suggests. "Run a thorough check on everyone's background. The collaborators is probably out already but we might be able to trace them if we know their identity."

"I never ask about my employee's beliefs, that's personal," Liana murmurs. "It's my company's policy not to mix work with spirituality. But it's still weird. We haven't accepted any new human employees since we relocated."

"They could have been a follower way before that, keeping it to themselves," Luvi says. "Normally, they would have no reason to reveal it or act violently. But imagine when you're a devoted believer and then your boss literally changes into an angel-resembling creature and brings a bunch of non-humans with her."

"We think that might be the case," Bennett nods. "We're currently investigating the Devotees of Apostles but so far they're refusing responsibility, claiming it was an action of one independent branch. However, we've traced some suspicious funding transactions so we'll look into that."

"Are there more groups like that?" Twyla asks, her voice trembling. "People who seriously want to hurt us just because we're abominations in their eyes?"

"I'm afraid so," the EU President says and doesn't look so smug today. I guess he finally realised that antagonising us isn't a good idea and that he has to start taking new Draconian governments seriously.

"We're still working on organising our people so we kindly ask for your help and protection," Liana makes an official request because now seems to be the right time for it.

"Of course, and we kindly ask for your cooperation," Bennett also makes a request. "It seems the new races really listen to their rulers. Nobody wants public unrest and civil war. We'll do anything in our power to prevent that."

"I assure you Emi won't let her people wreak havoc for much longer," Liana claims confidently. "They have to listen to their Supreme Alpha. The only problem is that Clawfangs want their ruler to be close and so do Celestials. The current fragmentation of our people isn't helping the case."

"What are you suggesting then?" Bennet frowns.

Say it, Aefener, they need to hear it from you, Liana nudges me under the table.

"We want complete freedom of movement again," I blurt out and can only pray that's what Liana had on mind because she didn't have time to elaborate.

"You have it... within the EU," Bennet says carefully.

"We want it internationally," Deminas specifies sharply and I'm glad we're not the only ones talking. "Allow Draconians to form communities. That way we rulers can control them better and they won't be as nervous when living alone among humans."

"I'm afraid that's something we have to discuss in more detail and can't decide immediately," Bennett refuses. "The US President couldn't attend the meeting and we need him for that kind of decision because I suspect you're mostly talking about the freedom of movement in the USA."