33.1. Reality of Being the Emperor - Part 1

"Ryuu..."

I wake up with familiar hands caressing my wings. And there's only one person whose touch brings me so much pleasure. Am I still dreaming? But then Erik's mind hits me and I gobble it like an addict. Which I am.

"Coming out of your cute cocoon anytime soon?" he tickles me under my feathers.

I open myself but only to envelop him as well and clutch him tight.

"I'm sorry," I murmur apologetically and aloud because it feels more real than using telepathy. "I'm selfish and never consider your feelings. I'll understand if you want to leave."

"Stupid!" Erik pokes my ribs. "Don't say things like that so easily. I just needed some time to think out of your influence, that's all."

"A-and?" I'm afraid to ask.

"I talked to Zetraya," he says as if I should know that name.

"Who?"

"That psychologist Liana hired," he explains. "I had a long session with him in the evening and that's why I came so late."

"And?" I'm still afraid of his answer even though I feel that he's regained his balance.

"Well, we just talked," he wraps his free arm around my back and finds my sweet spot between the wings. He starts rubbing it gently to relax me, not arouse.

"Did he help you?" I moan because his touch gives me pleasure nonetheless.

"He's also Celestial so he provided me with his point of view. While I do have your point of view all the time, you have to admit that you're not a typical representative of your species."

"Right," I reluctantly second that. "And?"

"At first, he was taken aback that Celestials will most probably live as long as your lore states but he came to terms with it quickly. Then we talked about my human feelings concerning that my boyfriend is almost immortal while I'll age and die normally. For a Celestial, he was very understanding. I guess he developed some level of detachment thanks to his profession."

"I should definitely make an appointment if he's so good," I nod.

"I already made one for you actually. Tomorrow at five," Erik announced nonchalantly. "I didn't want to do it without you but now I'm glad I did. You had another panic attack episode while I was away, right?"

"Ehm...," I don't want to admit it but since we're connected, he just knows.

"We seriously have to do something about it," he says softly. "We can't have the Emperor panicking when his Royal Consort isn't by his side, can we?"

"Y-you!" now I poke him.

"I'm not joking, though," he objects. "You do fully realise that all races have been acknowledged as nations, right? I wasn't present at the conference but everyone I met today was overly eager to tell me the happy news. Which means that you officially are the Celestial Emperor. Which also means that I officially am the Royal Consort."

"Do you hate it?" my voice fails me because I catch several conflicting emotions within him.

"Well... not really," he shakes his head. "It's obviously a game changer to date royalty and I won't say that I'm all confident about it but my love for you isn't any different because of that."

I answer him with a kiss. He answers back by caressing the spot between my wings harder so we're both really annoyed when someone urgently knocks on the door.

"Come in," Erik allows with a sigh but isn't willing to change his position into a more decent one. He only slips his hand out of my robe.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," Luviael peeks inside and turns red when she sees us cuddling. "But His Majesty didn't eat his dinner. I'm afraid we have to insist he does."