62.1. Back Home - Part 1

"No, don't stop the car!" I say quickly because my partners start to freak out. I wasn't blocking them out of my mind so they heard everything that just happened.

"But he must be near!" Erik is still trying to make the driver stop.

"The streets are overcrowded and there're countless buildings all around, he can be anywhere," I shake my head. "Besides, he's seriously dangerous. I don't think any Draconian would stand a chance against him."

"But he's still human," Gotrid opposes. "What could he do when facing magic?"

"Fry his opponent's brain from the distance," I say darkly. "And I don't forget he isn't completely human, just like I wasn't."

"What did he say to you?" my Viceroy asks because she didn't hear it.

"Not much but he confirmed to be my biological father," I clutch my fists.

"Not much," Liana rolls her eyes. "Aefener, you're the son of a multi-billionaire!"

"Who's most probably a psychopath," I add, not happy about the prospect.

"Love, are you okay?" my partners worry.

"He didn't do anything to me," I assure them. "And this time I was ready to push him back if needed."

"Still, it shows how defenceless we are against something like that," Liana chews her lip. "Telepaths are possibly even more dangerous than monsters."

"Well, thank you very much," I snort, offended a little.

"Aefener, do you even realise that the only thing stopping you from abusing your special ability is the fact that you're kind, respectful of others and have high morals?" she points out. "Most people would have used it to their benefit immediately. Ever since you told me, I've come up with hundreds of applications. If I had that kind of power, I could become this country's Prime Minister in a year."

"Would you?" I'm taken aback.

"Well, maybe not the Prime Minister, it's more trouble than it's worth I think," she answers hesitantly. "But it's for the best you have it and not me. I'd definitely use it for my own personal reasons."

"Don't forget Ryuu is an empath above all," Erik reminds her. "He..."

"Oh, that's it!" I almost jump and the seat belt painfully squeezes my wings. "Takeda... I mean my father... I don't think he's an empath."

"How can he not be?" Liana doesn't understand.

"He can certainly do long-distance telepathy and read other people's thoughts on direct touch just like me. He can even harm other people from the distance," I theorise. "The thing that was bugging me about our first encounter and I didn't realise it until now was that he could talk to me but he couldn't perceive my emotions or send some of his to me."

"Which is a good thing? It means he's not as powerful as you," Liana scratches her left wing nervously.

"On the contrary, I'm afraid it's a very bad thing," I shake my head. "If he can't perceive what others feel, he won't care as much."

"That's... damn," Gotrid curses.

I stay silent for the rest of the ride but my partners can feel that I'm thinking frantically. They're caressing my wings, letting me sort my thoughts and feelings. So I do have a living father. I'm Ryuuto Takeda. Not that human surnames mean much to a Celestial but it's still something.

Did my Mom work for him while creating a prototype of Draconia Online for Nebula and they fell in love? And then she left when she uncovered something sinister about her lover? Maybe she didn't know she was pregnant at that time so my father couldn't read it in her mind. I doubt he would let her leave if he knew.