Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"

Start from the beginning

"For the plan to work, we need all three of the last doppelgängers," Bonnie remembered the conversation she had with the leader– Markos.

"I can't be killed.." Kara scoffed lightly and placed her hand on her forehead, "it's Mia."

"Why don't you ask a witch to unlink yourself from Klaus?" Caroline asked, "go to New Orleans and get his blood. I don't think he wants his girlfriend to die either."

"Because only one witch knows the spell. She worked hours upon hours perfecting it. And when she finished, I killed her to make sure she never turned her back on me."

Bonnie was disgusted at how easy Kara admitted it, "do you at least remember something about the spell?"

"I didn't care."

"Right. No humanity Kara," Bonnie sighed, "forgot.."

"We have today to get this together before Markos and the minions get impatient," Damon pushed, "what other options do we have?"

Stefan and Elena were held hostage by the group of passengers. If they weren't going to kill the two extra doppelgängers left, then they'll kill both Stefan and Elena before going after Mia themselves.

"Caroline and Enzo are already on their way to find Stefan's shadow self. If we leave now, we can make it in time to get to New Orleans and–"

Kara pleaded, "don't say it out loud."

"Kill Mia," Damon said it anyways, "there."

"I mean, there's nothing else Kara. If you can't tell me how to do the spell then," Bonnie shrugged her shoulders, "it has to be done."

"Fuck.." Kara whispered under her breath and hit the table she was resting on.

"When I'm sad I like to listen to sadder music and close my blinds."

"When I'm sad I like to wear a big hoodie and put my blankets over me. Then sit in silence and cry."

"Even when it's hot?"

"Yeah. It makes it feel like someone's hugging me."

Mia chuckled at Hayley's response as the girls dug into their ice cream cartons while watching Legally Blonde. Because of the movie title, she begged Rebekah to come and watch with them, but she said they were out of town for awhile.

We're sort of close, Rebekah said to Mia. She didn't want to stop her search for some stupid romance comedy, so Mia left it alone. They were sitting down in the dark enjoying their time together when someone knocked on the door.

"Klaus?" Hayley asked with a mouthful of ice cream, "I thought you told him it was girls night."

"It is girls night," Mia tossed the blanket over Hayley and went to answer the door. She let out an audible gasp when it was Damon and Kara.

"Hey, Wolfie," Damon smiled and stepped inside, "we need to catch up."

"We actually don't have time to catch up," Kara jumped in and sighed when she saw Mia's face, "there are these people called passengers who are in Mystic Falls. They want to do a spell and it needs the last of the doppelgängers. They already have Stefan and Elena. Kat was killed awhile ago so.."

Mia scoffed and let her hand fall to her side, "you're here to kill me?"

"Yup.." Damon mumbled, looking up from the floor to make eye contact with Mia, "better a friend kill you than a random passenger, right?"