Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."

Start from the beginning

Though Elijah told her about their history and their vampirism, it was obvious there was much more to unfold. She wasn't even sure if she knew the full truth behind the love square with Kara.

She wanted to learn everything about them. They were her family– she considered them to be since they've been helping unconditionally. Mia hoped they thought of her as family too.

"How's living with Hayley?" Rebekah asked and rested her hands on her arms, laying on her stomach.

Hayley wasn't around as much. She wasn't even a student here at Azpeita. Klaus just compelled the supervisor to let her live there. He wanted her around family while she tried to find her real family. When she received Mia's tips and notes, she was off alone again.

"I really want her to find something about her parents. Hopefully, it won't take as nearly as long for her like it did for me. And I wanna try and get close to her," Mia admitted.

"I was pushing her away because I had just seen my dead parents and sister. I couldn't handle more family relationships. But I realized I wanted the complete opposite."

"Here I thought you hated her. Because it was her who set off Nik and you remember what happened that night, don't you?"

"Unfortunately– very well," Mia sighed and turned to lay down on her back, sun-bathing in the warm sun, "everyone deserves a second chance. Don't they?"

"Not everyone," Rebekah disagreed. She let out an annoyed sigh when she saw Kol walking towards them after his class just ended.

"Good afternoon, Mia," Kol glared at his sister, "Bekah."

"Why are you still here? I never took you as a scholar," Rebekah rolled her eyes.

Kol came in between them, kicking Rebekah in her ribs, "move over. I want to lay down."

"OUCH!" Rebekah slapped his foot away and two were bickering, "there's room on the end!"

"I want to be in the middle."

"Piss off!"

Mia gave up and moved over a bit so Kol could squish in between. Rebekah wasn't having any of this. She had to leave for her third class anyways so she went ahead early.

"Out of any other school, you chose to be here. You could have even enrolled in Hogwarts if you wanted to," Mia commented.

Kol ignored it and smiled, "do you remember our trip in Italy? When we stayed on the beach just like this? It was a million times more beautiful than this old campus."

"I remember everything," Mia picked on some of the grass beneath her, "like when you tried to kidnap me against my will twice."

"Not kidnapping.."

"Abduction doesn't make it sound any better," she shook her head, "Kol.. what happened that night.."

Kol dreaded this confrontation. He didn't want to hear anything about it; whether it was how she felt or what she had to say. He'd rather keep his memories locked away and untouched.

"I'm not gonna say it wasn't me and I'm not gonna say it was a mistake either. Because I think about it and.. I chose to do it," Mia clutched her hands together, "but it did mean nothing. I didn't realize my feelings for you because we went on a bender– my feelings were never there in the first place. You do know that?"

He smelled the vervain around her, so he couldn't just compel the truth out of her. Not like Mia was lying anyways, he could easily tell by the way she looked into his eyes. Making sure he was hearing her out– loud and clear.