Spencer Armacost #1

Imagine you taking a bath with your husband, Spencer Armacost.

You were sitting on the couch in the living room, reading your favorite book and waiting for your husband, Spencer Armacost, to come home from work. As you were reading, you placed your hand on your swollen abdomen and started rubbing it in slow, gentle circles. "Daddy will be home soon, my little darlings." You said to your unborn twin babies, while you kept rubbing your abdomen. You smiled down at your abdomen, thinking about the babies being born in two months and how much you and Spencer are excited to see them.

Then, you heard the front door unlocking and you knew who it was. You fixed your (h/l) (h/c) hair as you waited for his arrival. Moments later, you felt lips pressing against your cheek, giving you a soft, warm kiss. "Hey, (y/n)." You heard Spencer say, softly, next to your ear from behind you. You sighed, happily, as you turned and faced him. "Hey, Spencer." You said, and he leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours and you kissed him back.

After that, Spencer pulled away and he looked down at your abdomen. "How are the babies doing, sweetheart?" He asked, softly, as he reached down and rubbed your abdomen in slow circles. "They're doing great, darling. They won't stop kicking though." You said. Spencer chuckled by your ear and kissed your cheek again. "I'm sure that's normal for the babies to be doing that. It's their way of saying 'Hi, mommy'." He said. You chuckled and smiled at him as you rested your hand on top of his hand that was resting on your abdomen. "You're so sweet, Spencer." You whispered. He smiled back at you and he kissed the tip of your nose.

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?" Spencer asked. You sighed and said, "I feel fine, except my back is killing me." Spencer thought of something for a second until he asked, "Would you like me to run a bath for you, baby?" You looked into his dark brown eyes and said, "That would be wonderful, Spencer. I could really use a bath right now." "Alright, then." Spencer said, and, then, he walked around the couch and stood in front of you. "Here, sweetheart. Let me help you stand up." He said, and, then, he held his hands out towards you. You nodded and held his hands and he helped you stand up. After that, he walked to you to the bathroom to start a bath for you.

***

Almost a year ago, Spencer, an astronaut, was on a space mission for NASA with his partner, Alex Streck, and they somehow were caught in an explosion that nearly costed their lives. When they returned home, you were relieved that Spencer was okay and there were no medical issues. You missed him so much, Spencer decided to not go on space missions anymore so that he could not only accept a job offer as an executive that takes places in New York, but to also start focusing on having a family with you.

***

Once you and Spencer made it to the bathroom, he turned on the warm water and he put some bubbles in the water since he knew how much you loved taking bubble baths. While the water was running, he helped you out of your clothes. "Alright, (y/n), I'm gonna help you get into the bathtub." He said. "Will you join me, Spencer?" You asked. "Of course, sweetheart." Spencer answered, and, then, he started removing his clothes.

Once he was done, Spencer stepped into the bathtub, turned off the water once the tub was full, and he held his hands out towards you. Then, you held his hands as he helped you into the bathtub. "Good job, baby. Now just sit down in front of me." Spencer said, as he started sitting down on the back of the tub and he helped you sit down in between his legs. After you sat down, you, now covered in soap suds from the chest up, leaned back against his bare chest and he wrapped his arms around your abdomen.

"You doing good, (y/n)?" Spencer asked, while he rubbed your abdomen, gently. You closed your eyes and sighed as you relaxed in his touch. "Oh, yes. Thank you for joining me." You said. "Of course, sweetheart. I always wanna make sure you're doing good." He said, and, then, he placed a kiss on your temple and another one on your cheek. "You being here and helping me get through this makes me feel better every single moment of the day. I'm glad you came back home and I'm glad that we're having twins together." You said. Spencer smiled down at you and said, "I'm glad that I'm home too, (y/n). I love sharing these moments with you and I can't wait to see the twins be born in a couple of months." "I wanna see them so bad. It's like I can't wait another day." You said, and Spencer chuckled.

A minute later, Spencer whispered into your ear, "Lean forward, sweetheart." After he said that, you leaned forward, slightly, while he grabbed a sponge off the rack and started washing your back. As he was washing your back with the sponge, you sighed, in relief, as your back was starting to feel better than before. "There you go. That's better, ain't it?" Spencer asked. You nodded and answered, "Much better. My back is starting to feel a little better from earlier." "Good. I'm glad, (y/n)." He said.

"How do feel about the twins, (y/n)?" Spencer asked, curiously, as he continued washing your back. "I'm very happy and excited, Spencer. But I'm still nervous at the same time, to be honest." You said. Spencer placed his other hand on your shoulder and stroked your shoulder blade with his thumb. "I'm sure it's normal for first time mothers to feel that way." "It's a lot different when having twins." You added. "That's true. But I promise you that everything's gonna be fine. Everything will be alright once the twins are born." Spencer said, and, then, he stopped washing your back. He set the sponge back on the rack and he helped you leaned back onto his bare chest.

You took your hand intertwined Spencer's hand as you looked up at him. "What do you think our twins are gonna look like?" You asked him. He looked down at you, while he was stroking the top of your hand with his thumb, and said, "I sure don't know yet, (y/n). But I think I know they're gonna look just like their mother." You chuckled and said, "Well, that could happen. But who knows? They'll probably look like you." He chuckled after you said that. "Well, I wouldn't mind that at all." He said, and you chuckled. "What do you think they'll be when they grow up?" You asked. "Gee, I don't know that one either. But I think they going to be pilots when they grow up." Spencer said. "Just like their father." You said, smiling, as you snuggled against his shoulder. Spencer smiled back at you and kissed you on your forehead. "Just like their father." He whispered.

You both looked into each other's eyes for a minute until Spencer broke the silence. "Do you know how much I love you, (y/n)?" He asked, as he caressed your cheek with his hand. "I don't know. How much?" You said. "As high as we could touch the moon out in space. In other words, I love you to the moon and back, sweetheart." Spencer said, sweetly. Your cheeks felt hot and you felt your heart fluttering after he said those beautiful words to you. "And I love you to the moon and back too, Spencer Armacost." You said. Then, he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours, while you closed your eyes and kissed him back.