Tarrant 'Mad Hatter' Hightopp #3

Imagine you going back to Underland and reuniting with Mad Hatter.

*Requested by moonwalkin_bird*

"Ow! You're making my corset way too tight!" You told the servant, who was tying your corset and fixing up your wedding dress for your arranged wedding day. "It needs to be very tight in order to be perfect, (y/n). Now stop complaining and hold still while Maria fixes up your wedding gown." Your very high level etiquette mother said. "The one that you chose and I don't like. I liked the one that I picked out when I was trying on dresses." You said, while wincing in pain at the same time from the tightness of the corset. "That dress was horrendous and it didn't fit your shape and you know quite well that I despise anything horrendous, especially if it's your sort of taste in fashion." Your mother said, rudely.

A minute later, Maria stopped tying the back of your wedding dress and she fluffed out the skirt. You tried to take a breath, but you felt like you couldn't move at all, not even to take a breath. It felt so tight around you and claustrophobic, it seemed like it could easily break your ribs. "Wonderful. You look so lovely in this dress, (y/n)." Your mother said. You walked up to the body mirror near your bed and you looked at yourself in the mirror, looking uncomfortable and unhappy. You didn't like the dress you were wearing. It looked nothing like a wedding dress to you.

 It looked nothing like a wedding dress to you

"I don't like it, mother." "You stop talking like that, (y/n). I don't like how you're acting. It's your wedding day." Your mother said. "It's an arranged marriage to Samual Bennett, mother. I don't love him and I assure you that he doesn't love me either." You said, sadly. Your mother slightly slapped your hand after you said that. "Don't talk like that, (y/n). Who cares if either one of you don't love each other? You were arranged to marry him and that's how it should be done. The Bennetts are rich and you deserve a rich husband. Now I don't want to hear another word out of you. You're marrying Samual and that's final. Stay here. I'll be right back to get your bouquet." Your mother said, and, then, she walked out of your bedroom, with Maria following her, leaving you all alone in your bedroom.

You looked down in front of the mirror, feeling like you were on the verge of tears. "You look beautiful, my dear (y/n)." You looked up, with wide eyes, when you saw a familiar man standing, closely, behind you. You recognized his pale skin, his frizzy, curly electric orange-colored hair, his light green eyes, his handmade top hat, and his adorable smile, with a gap in between his teeth, anywhere. It was none other than your Underland friend and the man you truly love, Tarrant Hightopp. "Hatter?" You called out by his nickname you call him, as you turned around to face him, but he wasn't behind you. It saddened you because you thought he was really there with you. "Hatter?" You choked on tears, as they fell down your cheeks. You turned back to the mirror and looked at the spot where you thought you saw Hatter from behind you.

Your bedroom door opened and your mother stepped in with your bouquet of roses, with Maria following behind her. "Come along, (y/n). The wedding is about to start. Stop looking at yourself in the mirror. You look fine." Your mother said, and, then, she noticed the tears on your cheeks. "Oh, for goodness sakes, (y/n). Maria, wipe these tears off her face. You're supposed to look beautiful without these tears, (y/n). Crying will make you look ugly." Your mother said, while Maria took out a handkerchief and wiped the tears off your face. "Here are your roses. Don't ruin them." Your mother said, as she handed you the bouquet of roses to you.