Willy Wonka #9

Imagine Willy Wonka is a dentist and you try to persuade him to follow his dream to become a chocolatier.

*Requested by Dontmindme010*

You just pulled into your hometown after you finished packing up everything and moving out of your college dorm room after graduating from college. It felt weird coming back to your hometown because it seemed like nothing had changed while you were gone for the past four years. But you were happy to be home, reuniting with your parents, and you hope to get started on your art career soon.

A few minutes later, you pulled over to the side in front of your parents' home, got out of your car, and, then, you walked up to the door. You unlocked the door with your house key and you walked in, where you were greeted by your parents. "Hey, guys!" You said, excitedly, as you embraced them in a group hug. "(y/n), we're so glad you're home." Your mother said. "We've missed you so much." Your father said. "I missed you both so much. I'm so glad I'm done with college. It was tough, but at least I survived it." You said, as you pulled away from the group hug.

"Well, that's that for college. What's your next big step, (y/n)?" Your mother asked. "I'm not sure, mom. But I'm hoping to open up my own art studio very soon. Right now, I'll work for a part time job and save up." You said. "Whatever you need to do to get your career started, (y/n). That's all what matters for you." Your father said. You smiled at both of them; you loved how your parents have always supported you with your dream of becoming an artist. "Thank you both so much. Right now, I need to rest for a bit after the long drive from college." You said, walking into the living room and sitting on the couch. Your mother sat next to you.

There was nothing but silence for a few minutes until you spoke. "So, mom, I forgot to ask. How's Willy doing?" You asked. "He's doing good, (y/n). He's working very hard and he's taking his dentist career seriously, just like his father." Your mother answered. "Well, that's good. I was wondering how—" You were about to comment, but, then, you caught something. "Wait, what? Did you say 'dentist career', mom?" You asked. "Yes. After you left for college, Willy's father finally convinced him to become a dentist. Willy went through what his father told him to do and he went to college to become a dentist." Your mother explained.

"But that's not fair. Willy didn't want to become a dentist, like his father, he wanted to become a chocolatier." You said. "I know, (y/n). But his father doesn't approve of Willy wanting to become a chocolatier." Your mother said, sadly. Then, you got up from the couch, grabbed your purse, and car keys. "I'm gonna go over and see Willy. Where does he work?" You asked. "The same place where his father works. Their house." Your mother answered. "Thank you. I'll see you later, mom." You said, as you walked out the door and headed to your car.

***

You and Willy Wonka had been childhood best friends for a very long time. He was always picked on by the other kids because of the braces his father made him wear to avoid eating candy. You would stick up for Willy and you would stay with him since he didn't have any friends. Even when he was still wearing the torture device-like braces, his life became much better whenever you were around him.

Willy, one day, told you he tasted a piece of chocolate for the first time in his life and he decided that he wanted to become a chocolatier. You were very supportive of him following his dream after you observed through all his notes on chocolate and candy ideas. But yet, his father would disapprove of Willy's dream. Sometimes, Willy would try to run away, but he stopped since he had nowhere else to go and he couldn't bare the thought of being separated from you since you're the closest person to him.

As you both got older and had graduated from high school, you were getting ready to leave for college and it was hard for Willy, who had his braces removed four years prior. You both had developed feelings for each other since you both started high school, without one of you confessing your feelings to one another. You both didn't have the guts to tell each other, so the two of you kept it to yourselves. You were sad that you were leaving Willy as you both embraced each other in tight, but gentle hug. The last thing that you heard from Willy was that he'll become a chocolatier when you get back from college and he won't forget you before he gave you a kiss on your temple. That made you smile as you were leaving because you were glad that he was gonna fulfill his dream once you get back and see him again.