Sam #1

Imagine you're having a bad day and Sam tries to cheer you up.

You were at a local diner, sitting at the bar table by yourself. You were having a bad day and you wanted to get out of your house for a while. You've cried for over an hour and you needed some hot chocolate to help sooth your nerves and calm you down.

Earlier in the day, you've received a letter from the art college that you've always wanted to go since you were little because of your artistic skills. You even waited two months for the letter. When you opened the letter, you found out that you didn't get accepted.

It broke your heart. You wanted to become a well-known artist when you got older. But after reading that letter, you felt like you lost your confidence in your art and you wanted to stop doing art. You felt like you weren't good enough.

You leaned your head on your hand while you looked down at your empty mug, still feeling sad. "Here, (y/n). I'll get you another hot chocolate. I'll add extra whip cream and chocolate sprinkles on top." The waitress, Ruthie, who you know very well, said, as she took the empty mug from you. "Thank you, Ruthie." You said, glancing up a little, then, you looked down at the counter again.

Moments later, a man sits next to you on your right. You looked up and you checked him out. He had brown wavy, shoulder-length hair, chocolate brown eyes, and light tan skin. He wore a hat, an outfit that seemed like it took place in the 1930's, a vest, a tie, and he also had a little wood cane next to him. You've never seen him around, but he looked interesting to you since he did look cute.

The man looked at you and said, while smiling, "Hi.". "Hello." You said back, somewhat gloomy. "What's your name?" He asked. "It's (y/n)." You answered. "I'm Sam. It's nice to meet you, (y/n)." Sam said, while holding his hand out towards you to shake. "It's nice to meet you too, Sam." You said, as you took his hand and shook it.

After you shook Sam's hand, you let go of it and you turned back to the counter and looked down. Then, Ruthie brought you a fresh cup of hot chocolate, with extra whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles on it. "Here you go, (y/n)." Ruthie said. "Thank you, Ruthie." You said, and, then, you took a sip of it.

"Why do you look so sad, (y/n)?" Sam asked, while looking down at you. "I'm just having a bad day." You said. "What happened?" "I didn't get accepted at an art college I've been wanting to go for so long." You said, which made your heart ache. "I'm sorry that happened, (y/n)." Sam said, with sympathy in his eyes. "It's okay, Sam. I appreciate your sympathy, but I don't think nothing will make me happy again, especially since I don't want to do art anymore." You said, while you were still looking down.

There was a moment of silence for a few seconds until you heard ragtime music playing. "Hmm..." You heard Sam. You glanced up and you saw Sam grab two pieces of bread rolls from a basket next to you. Then, you saw him take two forks and he inserted them into the rolls. You looked up more at Sam since you were so curious to know what he was gonna do.

Then, Sam started doing the Charlie Chaplin bread roll dance. The way he was doing it was really amazing. He was really talented as you watched him. You remembered watching a silent film with Charlie Chaplin doing that and you remembered how it always made you laugh and smile. Watching Sam doing that was starting to change your mood.

While Sam continued doing the bread roll dance, he was looking at you at the same time. Then, you smiled and started laughing since it was entertaining and it was making you feel better. 'Sam really does know how to make someone smile. He's so adorable.' You thought to yourself and also blushed after thinking of the last comment.

When the music ended, Sam set down the bread rolls and he took a bow. You clapped for his performance while you smiled at him. Sam even smiled back you. "Now there's a beautiful smile on your face, (y/n)." He said, as he pulled a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) behind your ear. You chuckled, softly, while you were blushing. "Well, thank you for making me laugh and smile, Sam." You said. "You're welcome, (y/n)." Sam said.

"Great performance, Sam. You're very entertaining." Ruthie said, as she handed him a chocolate milkshake. "Thank you, Ruthie." Sam said, before he took a drink of his milkshake.

Soon afterwards, you and Sam talked for a while, getting to know each other. You even told him more about the whole art college situation and why it made you so upset. Sam, gently, rubbed your shoulder to comfort you since he felt bad for you. "I'm sorry about that, (y/n). I know what it's like to be rejected." He said. "It's okay, Sam. At least I feel better now, thanks to you." You said, while smiling. Sam smiled back at you and said, "Of course, (y/n)."

Then, you looked down at your watch and saw it was 7:45 pm. "Whoa. It's getting late. I better head home." You said, as you got up from your chair. "Do you want me to walk you home? It is dark outside." Sam said, as he got up from his chair. "Oh. Yes, please. I would really appreciate it, Sam." You said, while smiling, as you grabbed your purse. Then, Sam grabbed his black jacket and he put it on and you both left the diner.

Having Sam walk with you to your house was actually wonderful. He made you feel safe since it was dark outside. When there was a breeze, it made you shiver, so Sam took off his jacket and he put it on you and he wrapped an arm around you to keep you warm.

With his arm around you, the whole time, you smiled blushed as you felt your heart fluttering. Even though you've known Sam for a short time, you were already starting to develop feelings for him.

A couple minutes later, you and Sam finally made it to your small house that was by the river. You unlocked your door and you both walked inside. "Thank you so much for walking me home, Sam." You said, while you set your purse on the counter and took off Sam's jacket and set it, nicely, on a chair. "You're welcome, (y/n)." Sam said, and, then, he started walking towards the door.

"Wait, Sam. You don't have to leave right now. You can stay a little longer if you want to." You said, which made him stop and turn around to face you. "Okay, (y/n)." Sam said.

Moments later, Sam started walking around your living room, looking at your paintings that were either hung up on the wall or sitting against it. "These are amazing paintings, (y/n). You're really talented." He said. You blushed from his comment. "Thank you, Sam. I'm glad that you like them." You said.

"I think you should continue doing art, (y/n). Don't stop doing it." Sam said, while looking at you, with encouragement in his eyes. You were surprised that he was convincing you to continue on with your art. "Do you really think so, Sam?" "Of course, (y/n). I think you should. Forget what those people from that college say. You're really, really good." Sam said. You smiled after he said all of that.

Then, an idea popped into your head. "Do you wanna finger-paint with me?" You asked. "Sure." Sam answered.

After that, you grabbed your easel, a blank canvas, and a few of your paints. You set it all up on your floor, with some towels placed on the floors. After you set everything up, you and Sam sat in front of the canvas and you both started finger-painting with random colors all over the canvas.

Sooner or later, you and Sam were finishing up the painting. You had blue paint on your fingers while Sam had red on his fingers. While you both were painting, your fingers, slowly, slid across the canvas until they touched Sam's fingers. For some reason, you stopped painting when your fingers rested on top of Sam's. Even Sam felt the same way as you did.

Moments later, you looked up Sam, who was looking down at you, as you both intertwined your fingers together. Then, you looked into his eyes as you both held onto each other's hands. You looked down at you and Sam's hands. Both the paint colors on you and Sam's hands were mixed.

"Red and blue make—" You started to say, softly. "Purple." But Sam finished for you as he, slowly, leaned forward and pressed his soft, warm lips against yours. At first, you were surprised, but, then, you closed your eyes as you kissed him back, slowly. It felt wonderful since it was your first kiss.

A minute later, you and Sam, slowly, pulled away from the kiss, with Sam, lightly, brushing his lips across yours, which felt really good to you. Then, you both looked into each other's eyes. "You really made my day a lot better, Sam." You said, softly, while smiling. "I'm glad, (y/n)." Sam said, softly, as he smiled back at you. Then, you leaned forward and you pressed your lips against Sam's, with Sam kissing you back, passionately.