Ichabod Crane #7

Imagine you're Ichabod Crane's little sister and he makes you go to Sleepy Hollow with him.

*Requested by Aet0hoe*

Since the day your parents died when your were little, your older brother, Ichabod Crane, has taken you under his wing to take care of you. But through the years as you were getting older, he's been very overprotective of you; mainly due to him working as a constable in New York City. He wouldn't let you go out in the streets of New York City, even if it's during the day time and it's only to get a few groceries, he doesn't want you standing on wooden stools to dust the shelves while he's gone at work because he worries about you falling, and he wouldn't allow you to date the man of your dreams because he thinks you're too young to date. You love your brother, but now that you're twenty-one years old, he shouldn't have to be so overprotective of you and how to live your life. You often thought of proving to him that you can handle taking care yourself and that your really are grown up.

You were in the living room in the loft where you and Ichabod live in, finishing up a scarf you have knitted for Ichabod. Then, the front door opened and Ichabod walked in. "Ah. Good evening, (y/n)." "Good evening, Ichabod. I have something for you." You said, as you stood, walked towards him, and handed him the knitted the scarf. "Here you go, brother. I made it specially for you." You told him, as you handed the scarf to him. "Why, thank you, (y/n). That's very kind of you. You've always been so talented with your knitting skills." Ichabod said, as he observed the scarf and tried it on. "You're welcome, Ichabod, and it looks perfect on you. Now you'll be prepared for the upcoming Autumn and Winter season." You said. "Yes, indeed." Ichabod agreed.

Then, he cleared his throat and removed the scarf from around his neck before he said, "(y/n), I have some important news." "What is it, Ichabod?" You asked. "I have been assigned for an investigation in a small village called 'Sleepy Hollow'. I am leaving tomorrow morning and I would like you to accompany with me." He explained. "Why do you want me to accompany with you?" You asked. "Because I don't want you to stay here by yourself while I'm gone, especially since I don't know how long I'll be gone." Ichabod explained. "Ichabod, I'm twenty-one years old. I'll be fine here all by myself. I'm used to being here in this loft on my own while you're out at work. You don't have to worry about me." You persuaded him.

Ichabod sighed before he stepped towards you and placed both of his hands on your shoulders and said, "(y/n), listen to me. You're my little sister and I love you very much. But I need you to come with me on this trip because I don't want anything to happen to you while I'm gone. If anything did happen to you, I don't think I would ever forgive myself for not being there for you. It's for your own good, sweetheart, and that's my final word. Alright?" You were bummed out that Ichabod wasn't confident about your capability to be on your own while he away from New York City for a few days. This was something you've been used to hearing from your brother for all your life. But, then again, you didn't like to argue with him.

You sighed, sadly, and said, "Alright, Ichabod. I'll accompany with you to Sleepy Hollow." Ichabod smiled a little bit and placed a kiss on top of your head and said back, "Thank you, (y/n). I really appreciate it. Now go pack your necessary clothes. We leave first thing in the morning." You nodded and, then, you headed straight to your bedroom to go pack for a trip you didn't want to attend to, but you did it for only your brother's sake.

***

The next day, you and Ichabod woke up early in the morning and rode on a carriage to begin the journey to Sleepy Hollow. You didn't like leaving home, but you thought the idea of going to a different place that was so much different than the big city would be quite an adventure you'll have once in your life. You also thought that going on this little trip with Ichabod would give you the opportunity to prove to him that you are grown up and you are capable of looking after yourself without his help. Yet, you didn't know how you were going to it.