Charlie Mortdecai #1

Imagine you trying to convince your husband, Charlie Mortdecai, to shave off his mustache.

It was around the evening as you were on your way to your manor in London after traveling to Paris to attend a fashion show for the whole week since you're a fashion designer. You couldn't wait to get home and see your husband, Charlie Mortdecai, since the whole trip wasn't the same without him being there with you. Since he's an 'art dealer', you knew he couldn't come along because he had some business to take care of in Hong Kong.

As you pulled in front the manor, you were greeted by Jock, Charlie's manservant. "Welcome back, Mrs. Mortdecai." He greeted you, as he went to the back of the car, opened the trunk, and took out your suitcases. "It's good to see you again, Jock, and thank you for helping me with my luggage and I told you before, call me '(y/n)'. Now, where is Charlie? I can't wait to see him again. I've missed him so much." You said, as you were getting out of the car. "He's in the study and don't be surprised when you see him." Jock said, which confused you. "What do you mean by that?" You asked. "Well, he went through a bit of a change while you were gone that's all." Jock explained. "Huh. Very well, then. Thank you for letting me know, Jock." You said, and, then, you walked up the steps to the front door.

When you walked inside, you set down your purse and took off your heavy coat and placed it on the coat rack. "Charlie, I've arrived home." You called out to him, before you walked towards the study, where you saw him standing in the center of the room, with his back facing you. "Oh, darling, I've missed you terribly. I felt like the whole trip lasted for months, but thank goodness it didn't. It would've been better if you were there with me. Well, it doesn't matter now that I'm home with you again." You said, as you were getting closer to him.

He set something in his coat pocket and he straightened his coat before he made a dramatic turnaround to face you. "I'm glad that you're back home, darling." He said. You stopped in your tracks when you were surprised to see a fully grown mustache on your husband's upper lip. "Whoa, Charlie. What is that?" You asked, feeling disgusted and trying to hold back your laugh at the same time. "Just a little something I cooked up whilst you were away on your little trip, my darling. I do believe it was Margaret Thatcher who said that kissing a man without a moustache is rather like eating an egg without salt." He said, and, then, he stepped closer towards you and was about to kiss you.

But, then, you leaned back before his lips got closer to you. "Don't point that thing at me." You said. "Told ya." Jock said, walking by, while carrying your suitcases. Charlie looked at Jock, weird, and, then, he turned back to you. "I have put no inconsiderable thought and effort into this endeavor. You see, the domain of a man's upper lip is his sovereign ground..." He was about to continue on, but you interrupted him. "You have five minutes to shave it off." You said, crossing your arms. "Every Mortdecai man before me had the same. Why can't I? Oh, I happen to be terribly fond of it, and I have had every intention of seeing it through." Charlie explained, which confused you.

"So, what you're saying is, it's gonna get bigger?" You asked, curiously. "It will come to fruition, yes." Charlie answered, which bummed you out because you didn't like the idea of kissing your husband with that thing on him that keeps distracting you. "Now you come over here and give the great Lord Charles Mortdecai a little smooch, my little turtle dove." He said, with a smirk, as he stepped up to you and placed his hands on both sides of your waist and started leaning down towards you. But you made a quick move by twirling out of his arms and stand next to the table with a flower vase on it. "I don't think so, darling." You said, while putting the biggest smile on your face.

Charlie chortled as he looked at you, with a grin on his face, and said, "Oh. You want to roleplay instead, darling?" He asked, trying to sound seductive. You faked a yawn and pretended to stretch before you said, "Not really, Charlie. I'm actually quite tired after that very long trip from Paris. I think I need some proper rest." You let out another fake yawn and, surprisingly, Charlie was falling for it. "Ah. I completely understand. That long trip from Paris has definitely tuckered you out, my love. You most definitely need some proper rest." He said.