Sweeney Todd #11

Imagine you and Sweeney Todd are finishing off Judge Turpin.

*Requested by JanePeg*

It's been over a month since you ran into Sweeney Todd at his barbershop after you ran away from the law after the most ruthless man of London, Judge Turpin, sentenced your parents to death on a false charge so that he could marry you. When you met up with Sweeney, he took you under his wing after he learned what happened to your parents since he's plotting his revenge against Judge Turpin for sending him to prison on a false charge so that the cruel man could have Sweeney's wife, Lucy, along with his infant daughter, Johanna, all to himself fifteen years ago. You stayed with Sweeney after you both planned on working together to finish off Turpin.

Since the day you stayed with Sweeney, you worked as a waitress for Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Shop downstairs from Sweeney's barbershop. Business was fast selling because of a certain secret ingredient was in the meat pies that only you, Sweeney, and Mrs. Lovett knew about that came from Sweeney's barbershop whenever a customer comes for what seemed to be an 'unexpected' shave. Work was tough and tiring as there were so many customers every day, but you needed a job for money and you didn't have anywhere else to go to since you couldn't go back to your old house because you knew Turpin sent the law to monitor your house if you ever came back to it.

While you worked, sometimes you would steal glances up at Sweeney if you ever saw him standing outside by his door, waiting for any possible customers to arrive so that Mrs. Lovett could have some more 'fresh supplies'. You secretly developed feelings for him ever since he took you in under his wing and has been very kind to you to make sure you were doing alright. You imagined wanting to run away with him and leave London to go somewhere to have a fresh new start on life. But you didn't want to tell him since he was still going on about Lucy and wanting to save Johanna from Turpin. You also didn't want to tell Mrs. Lovett about your feelings for Sweeney as she too had developed feelings for him as she talked about being with him all the time while you were working with her.

***

"I've got him locked in, but if he escapes, he'll go to the law." You overheard Mrs. Lovett speaking to Sweeney, as they were walking downstairs from his barbershop, while you were cleaning the tables. You looked up, curious and confused on what was going on that involved with the law. Hopefully it wasn't something serious that could get you worried. "He won't escape." You heard Sweeney say. "I don't know, Mr. Todd." Mrs. Lovett said, doubtfully. "The Judge will be here soon." Sweeney reminded her, which caused your eyes to widen when you heard a particular word that Sweeney had mentioned.

Letting your curiosity get the best of you, you set down your cleaning cloth and walked towards Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett. "What's going on?" You asked. "Nothing, (y/n). Nothing's happening. Mr. Todd and I were just talking." Mrs. Lovett answered, obviously lying. "But didn't Sweeney say—" You were about to ask another question, but, then, Mrs. Lovett interrupted you. "Stop asking questions, (y/n). Everything is quite alright. Now if you'll excuse me, I better clean my kitchen. It's quite filthy." She said, and, then, she walked inside her Mest Shop.

Afterwards, you looked up at Sweeney and asked, "What's going on, Sweeney? Did I hear you say that the Judge will be here soon?" He nodded and answered, "Yes, he will be here soon, (y/n). I sent Toby to the Old Bailey to deliver the Judge a letter to have him come here after Anthony rescues Johanna from the madhouse, where the Judge will then be lured to my trap." You couldn't believe what Sweeney just told you. Judge Turpin, the man you thought you would never see again, was coming. "You really mean it, Sweeney?" "I absolutely mean it, (y/n), and I'll make sure that he won't hurt you once we confront him." Sweeney said. "Then, afterwards, we'll board a ship and leave." He added.