Sweeney Todd #9

Imagine you're a prisoner and you meet Sweeney Todd.

*Requested by LukrecijatheSimp*

It seemed like five months ago you were falsely convicted for the murder of your father and sent to prison by none other than the corrupt Judge Turpin. But you knew that evil man had something to do with the murder of your father. But when you told the law about it, the next thing you weren't expecting was being sent away to prison by Turpin. Since that day and on your way to prison, you have vowed revenge against him once you get out of prison somehow.

***

It was a usual gloomy morning as you were in line in the prison cafeteria, getting some dreadful breakfast on your tray. Afterwards, you walked to an empty table and sat down and observed your breakfast; runny oatmeal, scrambled eggs, black coffee, and milk. You took your spoon and scooped up some oatmeal and poured it back into the bowl, while leaning against your other hand, looking unenthusiastic. "Oh, great. It's glop." You said, sarcastically, and, then, you dropped the spoon into the bowl of oatmeal. After that, you grabbed the fork and started eating the scrambled eggs.

While you were eating, you looked around the cafeteria at the other prisoners, who were sitting in groups at different tables. You hardly sat with anyone as you couldn't trust any of them, but on this particular day, your eye caught a new prisoner that looked rather interesting and attractive to you. He sat by himself at one of the available tables, slouching forward, without touching the breakfast on his tray. Normally, you like to sit by yourself, but for some reason, you felt like you should sit with him.

You picked up your tray and walked over to the table where the new prisoner was. You set your tray down and, then, you sat down in the chair across from him. "You should eat. It may not be the best meal, but at least you'll have some food in your stomach." You convinced him, before you picked up the fork and started eating your scrambled eggs again. He glanced at you for a brief moment before he looked down again. You got a good glimpse at him; he had dark brown hair and pale skin and he had dark circles around his eyes, with a scowl expression on his face. "Leave me." He spoke, rudely. You were baffled when he said that. You wanted to leave him alone and give him some space. But for some odd reason, you ignored him and stayed seated in your chair.

Then, he huffed and pushed his tray further away from him before he got up from his chair and walked out of the cafeteria. You turned and watched him leave before you turned back and looked down at your tray, feeling guilty. 'Why didn't I listen to him? I should've just left him alone. Maybe I shouldn't be around him at all. I think I should stay away from him.' You thought to yourself. 'But at the same time, I still feel like he needs company around him.' You added, before you grabbed your cup of coffee and took a sip of it before you gagged from the taste of it.

***

It had been two days since you sat with the new prisoner who walked away, rudely, from you. Every meal, while you sat by yourself at your usual table, you'd see him sitting by himself at one of the small tables in the cafeteria, without touching his food. He would just sit and look down at his food as if he had something on his mind he was thinking about. There were times that you wanted to get up and sit with him again. But you remained at your usual table and left him alone to avoid any possible conflict with him as he seemed like the type of person that you don't want to mess with. All you could do was eat your meals and briefly glance at him whenever you had the chance and see him wherever you were in any particular location in prison, like the garden area, for example.

***

One evening, you sat down at your table, with your tray full tonight's prison dinner; meatloaf, side salad, cornbread, a very small slice of apple pie, and a glass of water. The dinner wasn't too bad compared to the breakfast food, but it still didn't look so very appetizing as you were looking down at it. You picked up your fork and started cutting up the meatloaf before eating it.