John Dillinger #1

Imagine you're a hostage after John Dillinger and his gang rob a bank.

1934.

You were on your way to the bank to withdrawal some money from your account. When you first arrived at the bank, while you walked up the steps, you noticed three men walking towards your direction, looking suspicious. You thought it was weird about them, but you shrugged it off and went inside the bank.

As you walked up to a bank teller's window, you, suddenly, heard a man shouting, "Alright! Everyone, down! This is a stick up! Get down!" You turned around, with your hands up, as you watched the same three men from before, pointing their Thompson Submachine Guns up in the air. They were robbers. Everyone inside were either ducking down on the floor or were still standing up, with their hands up as the bank alarm went off.

Your heart was racing as you watched two of the men walking up to different windows, demanding money, while the other one watched everyone. The one that was watching everyone was tall and slender, with dark brown hair that was slicked back under his black hat and dark brown eyes. He did look handsome to you. But at the same time, he was a robber.

Then, you heard a tapping sound from the entrance door. The man glanced down at the entrance for a second and he looked back up. "Boys, we've got company! Let's move it!" He yelled. The other two men finished collecting the money in bags before departing.

But before the man followed the other two out of the bank, he stopped and looked at you. Then, he said, "Come here, doll. You're coming with us." You were scared after he said that. You were scared of what he was gonna do to you.

Without hesitating, you walked towards him and he immediately wrapped his arm around your shoulder, while he still held up his gun in his other hand. You whimpered when you saw the gun almost close to you as you and the man headed towards the exit.

As soon as you both were outside, the man escorted you towards a Black 1934 Buick Series 60 car. "Stay close to me, darling." The man whispered next to your ear. You nodded, slowly. Then, he quickly opened the door and he made you go inside first before he went inside the car with you. The other two men were standing on each side of the car, with their guns pointed at police cars.

All of a sudden, you heard guns firing. The man held onto you and ducked you down to protect you from any harm, which confused you. "Let's get out of here!" The man yelled. Then, the two other men quickly got inside the car and the driver sped off away from the police.

Once they were out of sight, the man, gently, pulled you back up. "Well, well, well, boys. Not only did we get some money, we've got ourselves a prize." The driver said, while looking at you in the rear-view mirror. After he said that, he and the other two men laughed, making you shrink back.

Then, you felt an arm wrapping around your shoulder, in a protective way, and the man pulled you closer towards him. "She ain't no prize, fellas." He said, with a serious look on his face. "Well, boys. It looks like John Dillinger has got a soft spot for the girl." One of the men said, making him and the other two men laugh.

Then, the man, who was revealed to be John Dillinger, pulled out a 1911A1 Handgun from his coat and pointed it at the three men and said, "And I would kindly appreciate it if none of you three lay a hand on her or you're gonna end up getting a bullet in the head. The poor girl is scared enough already." "Fine. We won't, Johnny." The driver said. Then, John put his handgun away in his coat, much to your relief since it did scare you.

"So, what do you want us to do with the girl? Put her on the street?" "No. She'll stay with me at my cabin." John said. You shrunk back a little, still feeling scared and worried. John leaned towards your ear and said, quietly, "It's okay, darling. I won't hurt you, I promise." You looked up at his dark brown eyes and nodded, slowly, at him. "Whatever you say, Johnny." The driver said, as he continued driving.