Agent Sheldon Sands #1

Imagine you're reunited with your husband, Agent Sheldon Sands.

You were in the living room, watching the news on the television to check to see if there were any stories that had to do with your husband for two years, Sheldon Sands, who works as a CIA agent. He was sent on a mission to Mexico and he promised you that he was gonna be back home in two weeks. But two weeks had past and he hasn't returned and you were starting to worry something bad had happened to him. Nothing on the news had shown up about him, but you hoped that he'll come home safely as you have something important to tell him.

Then, there was a knock at the door. You turned off the television and got up from the couch to go to the door, hoping it was Sheldon from the outside of the door. You opened the door and the first thing you saw was Sheldon, with dark shades over his eyes and his arm wrapped around his CIA coworker, Robert's, shoulders. You were confused on what was going on, but you immediately wrapped your arms around Sheldon, with him struggling to wrap his free arm around your waist. "Oh, (y/n). Thank goodness it's you." He said, as he tried to hold you close to him and breathed in your scent. "It's good to see you too, but why are you struggling to hold me, Sheldon?" You asked, confusedly. "I'll explain to you as soon as we get inside." Robert said.

Then, you unwrapped your arms from around Sheldon and stepped back into the house. "Thank you, (y/n). Alright, Agent Sands, let's go inside." Robert said, as he helped Sheldon walk through the front door. "(y/n)? Sweetheart, where are you?" Sheldon asked, as he shifted his head all over as if he was looking for you, which was starting to worry you. "Sheldon, I'm right here. What's going on, Robert?" You asked. "Something happened during his mission in Mexico." Robert briefly explained. "Alright, Agent Sands, have a seat right here." He told Sheldon, as he helped him sit down carefully on the couch. Then, he turned to you and said, "(y/n), I like to have a word with you." You nodded and he gestured you to follow him into the kitchen, while Sheldon patiently sat on couch.

"Robert, what is it? What happened to Sheldon during his mission?" You asked, desperately and concerned. "There's no easy way to say this, (y/n), but while he was on his mission, he was captured and they...drilled his eyes out." Robert said, like he didn't want to say it. You gasped and covered your mouth on the verge of tears, trying to believe that it's not true and it's nothing but a nightmare. "No." You whispered. "I'm sorry, (y/n). He's completely blind." Robert said, sympathetically. A couple of tears fell down your cheeks and wiped them away as you were trying to be strong for Sheldon. "Let's go back to the living room. He's been waiting to get back to you." Robert insisted, and, then, you both walked out of the kitchen to go to the living room.

When you saw Sheldon sitting on couch, with his head tilted to the side, you walked up to him and sat down next to him on the couch. He moved his head as soon as he felt the cushion sinking down next to him. "Sheldon." You spoke to get his attention. He turned his head and faced you before he started moving his hands towards your face. Once he caressed your face with his fingers, he breathed out, "Oh, (y/n)." He immediately wrapped his arms around you and held you close to him as if he didn't want to let go of you. "Take care, Agent Sands." Robert said, and, then, he walked out of your house.

Moments later, you and Sheldon pulled away from the hug and you held his hand to let him know that you were still with him. "Oh, (y/n), you have no idea how much I wanted to get home to be with you." Sheldon said. "I was so worried about you, Sheldon. I haven't heard from you since the last time that I called your from your cell phone." You said. "I know, sweetheart. The last time you contacted me was also the same day this happened to me." Sheldon said, pointing to his shades. "Did Robert tell you?" He questioned. "Yes, he did. How did this happen to you, Sheldon? All Robert told me was that you were captured and they...they drilled out your eyes." You said, feeling almost sick to say the last part. "Please tell me what happened." You spoke, desperately.

***

For the next half hour, Sheldon explained to you about everything that happened during his mission in Mexico. Everything was going fine as according to his original plan, but it all changed when he was captured by the suspect he was after. He said that the last thing that he saw was the tool they'd used to drill his eyes out before he was sent out on his own, completely blind. But he mentioned that he managed to continue on with his mission, even though he's blind, while he was aided by a boy. After a tough battle, he felt that he was close to death after being shot, but he fought strong to stay alive for you.

After Sheldon told you everything, you felt more tears running down your cheeks, feeling sad for him, but mostly happy that he was alive. He could hear you sniffling, so he slid his hand up your arm so that he could place it on your shoulder. "Don't cry, (y/n). Even though I lost my eyesight, I'm still glad that I'm alive and I'm back with you." Sheldon said, while he stroked your shoulder with his thumb. "I know, Sheldon. I'm glad that you're alive and safe. I don't know what I would do if something horrible happened to you, especially since..." You were about to say, but you couldn't say the last part. "What is it, (y/n)?" Sheldon asked. You took a deep breath and told him, "I'm pregnant."

You could see Sheldon's expression was a mixture of surprise and sadness. You could understand why he was feeling that way because he wasn't gonna be able to see his own child in his arms and watch them grow up. Plus, you felt that he wouldn't be able to help you with the baby once it's born. He moved his head downward so that it was facing your abdomen, where a smile grew on his face. "(y/n), this is wonderful. I can't believe we're gonna have a baby. How far along are you?" He said. You were surprised by his reaction before you answered, "I'm—I'm eight weeks pregnant." "Hm. Oh, yeah. A couple months ago when I was assigned for my mission and we both...had a very special night together that same day."  Sheldon said, with a small chuckle at the end.

"How are you feeling, (y/n)?" He asked. "I'm fine, I guess. I've already experienced morning sickness for the past couple of days. But now...I feel scared." You answered. "Why, baby?" Sheldon asked, concerned. "Because...Because..." You were about to say, but you couldn't get any words out of your mouth. "Is it because of my condition, sweetheart?" He questioned. You nodded and said, "Honestly, yes, Sheldon. I'm scared that won't get any help with the baby because...you can't see."

Sheldon moved his hand and he, slowly, moved it towards your face, where he caressed your cheek. "(y/n), you don't need to be scared that you're not going to get help. Just because I'm now blind, doesn't mean it's gonna stop me from helping you. Sure, it will be a struggle for a bit and it will take some time to get used to this, but that's not gonna stop me from helping you with the baby. Heck, I was using a gun while I was blind and look where I am now. I can still hear and remember a lot of familiar places in this house. I could get some help and training before the baby is born and everything will be alright. Plus, you'll be able to describe what our son or daughter will look like when they grow up." He explained.

You smiled and caressed Sheldon's cheek before you said, "I'm very happy to hear you say that, babe, because I know you never give up on challenges no matter what condition or problem you're in. That's why I love you so much." Sheldon scooted closer towards you and said, "I love you too, (y/n), and thank you for supporting me and making me the happiest man in the world." He, then, leaned forward and connected his lips with yours and kissed you, with passion. You closed your eyes and kissed him back, while Sheldon placed his other hand on top of your slightly swollen abdomen.

***

(Last story written in 2021!)