Ichabod Crane #1

Imagine you're Ichabod Crane's assistant and you both are confronted by the Headless Horseman.

*Requested by TaylorSavoie3*

You are the assistant to Ichabod Crane, a detective from New York City. You help him when he's examining a dead body or investigating a crime scene. Most of the time, you help him when he's about to or when he does faint, which was common sometimes.

For the past three months, ever since you've started working with Ichabod, you've developed feelings for him. His handsome facial features and quirkiness had captured your attention and he's been very kind to you as well. You wanted to tell him how you felt, but you were too shy to tell him and work has been getting in the way.

Right now, you and Ichabod had traveled to small village called, 'Sleepy Hollow', to investigate the mysterious decapitations from a few victims. It was a horrible sight to see. Even after you both arrived, there have been more decapitations happening. A lot of villagers say that the cause of the decapitations were from the legendary, Headless Horseman. You and Ichabod were skeptical about it because you both thought it was all made up. Hopefully, you and Ichabod will get to the bottom of this investigation.

One evening, after asking people and examining the decapitated victims for the past two days, Ichabod started doing some research on the whole Sleepy Hollow village for any clues. So far, you both haven't found anything.

While Ichabod kept looking in a book, your eyes started closing. You tried to keep them open, but sleep was already taking over you. Moments later, you set your arms on the desk in front of you and rested your head on top of your arms as you fell asleep.

A few minutes later, you woke up when you felt a hand, gently, stroking your (h/c) hair and speaking, softly, "(y/n), darling, wake up." You opened your eyes and saw Ichabod looking down at you and he kept stroking your (h/c) hair, which caused you to blush. Then, you sat up, stretched a little, and you looked at Ichabod again. "I apologize for falling asleep, sir." You said, and, then, you let out a yawn. "There's no need to apologize, my dear (y/n)." Ichabod said, which made you smile.

Then, you cleared your throat and asked, "Did you find anything, Ichabod?" "As a matter of fact, (y/n), I did." Ichabod answered, as he showed you a page in the book that he read from earlier. "I came across this as a key clue to the whole reason behind the mysterious decapitations. This is the 'Tree of the Dead'." He said.

You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion, and asked, "'Tree of the Dead'? What is it?" "Apparently, it is the grave where the Headless Horseman lies. The tree lies somewhere in the middle of the forbidden forest. According to this, legend tells that the head was never found, but they say it lies hidden somewhere around his grave. No one from the village ever goes into the forbidden because they fear for their safety if they encounter the Headless Horseman. I may seem skeptical about this, but I believe that this sounds like an excellent clue." Ichabod explained.

"Interesting." You said. "Shall we go check it out, (y/n)?" Ichabod asked. You thought about it for a moment. It was late at night, but you felt that it won't hurt to go look at it. Then, you nodded and said, "Let's check it out, Ichabod."

Soon after, you and Ichabod got on a horse and you both headed to the forbidden forest. Since you knew more about horses, you sat in the front to control the reins, while Ichabod sat behind you , with an arm wrapped around your waist, so he could hold up a lantern to see where you both were going. You were blushing when you felt his arm wrapped around you. 'I wish this could last forever.' You thought to yourself.

As the horse was walking down a pathway in the middle of the forbidden forest, you decided to break the silence by telling him how you felt about him. "Um, Ichabod?" You spoke, sounding, slightly, nervous. "Yes, (y/n)?" Ichabod answered, while he was looking around with the lantern up.