Ed Wood #1

Imagine you finding out a secret that Ed Wood has been keeping from you.

1952.

"Ed, have you seen my (f/c) sweater?" You asked your boyfriend, Ed Wood, while you were looking in your walk-in closet, but no success of finding it there. "Uh, no. I haven't seen it, (y/n). Did you check the laundry?" Ed said. "Yes. Twice, actually." You answered, as you were leaving your closet. "Well, that's a shame. Sorry, darling." You heard Ed say, very quickly, sounding weird, like he was hiding something. You raised your eyebrow, in suspicion. 'Something is weird with him.' You thought to yourself.

***

You've been dating Ed Wood, a film director, for three months after starring in one of his films. He was very impressed with your acting skills, he asked you out for lunch on a nice day and you both got to know each other. You told him you've been acting since you were child, hoping to become just like Shirley Temple and gain more attention to agencies for any starring roles. You even told him that winning an Oscar was one of your goals as an actress. Ed took an instant liking to you because of your beauty and you wanting to become an Oscar-winning actress. You too took an instant liking to Ed because of his handsome facial features and his good attitude towards you.

From then on, you and Ed started dating. But for some reason, your relationship with Ed seemed a bit odd. His stressful behavior would show when he's trying to come up with some ideas for his next film projects and when he's looking for well-known actors who would fit for the character roles. People would not watch his films and producers would turn him down for any directing job offers because they want more experienced directors. But most of all, pieces of your clothing articles would mysteriously disappear and he would act strange when you ask him if he's seen them.

***

"Well, I don't know where it's at, Ed. It's cold outside today and I wanna wear it. I love that sweater." You said, as you were walking down the hallway that leads the living room. But as you entered the living room, you were surprised to see Ed buttoning up his white shirt, which seemed odd to you. "Well, I'm sure it'll turn up somewhere, (y/n). It certainly didn't grow legs and walked away." He said, with a chuckle, as he finished buttoning his shirt and sat down on the couch, crossing his legs, smiling widely. He sat against the decorative pillow that was behind him, looking like he was hiding something. "Mm-hm." You said, raising an eyebrow.

"So, why were you buttoning up your shirt, Ed?" You asked, as you walked up to him and stood in front of him. "Well, uh...it was quite warm in here, so I unbuttoned it to cool down." Ed said, obviously lying because it was Autumn season outside and the heater was on low inside the house. "Really? And you happen to be sitting against my decorative pillow my mother made for me. You hiding something from me, Ed?" You asked, while smirking. "Why, uh, no, my darling (y/n). Did you see the falling colorful leaves outside today?" Ed said, trying to change the subject. You were starting to get annoyed by his lies and what he was hiding behind your pillow, so you told him, "Alright, Ed. Get up."

Then, hesitating for a moment, Ed stood up and moved away from the couch. You walked over to the pillow, picked it up, and found your (f/c) sweater behind it. "There's my (f/c) sweater. What's it doing back here?" You said. Then, you looked at Ed, who was swaying side-to-side with his hands behind his back. "Ed, did you take my sweater and hid it from me?" You asked. "Well, I...you see, I was...yes, I did." Ed admitted, looking a bit defeated. "Ed, why would you do that? You know I love this sweater. Are you also the one that took my other clothing articles that have also been missing too?" You questioned. "Yes, I did." "Why?" You said, crossing your arms. "Because...I..." He was about to say, but he was loss for words.

He stood in front of you and put his hands on your shoulders and said, "(y/n), I'm about to tell you something that I never told anyone. But I think it's time for you to know since you're my girl and I shouldn't keep any secrets from you. But you promise you won't tell anyone, not even your friends and family?" You nodded and said, "I promise." He took a deep breath and confessed, "I like to wear women's clothes." You were blown away when he finally made his confession. "What?" You asked, sounding stunned. "I like to wear women's clothes. Sweaters, skirts, brassieres. It's just something I do. I know it sounds weird to you, but I'm telling you the truth. I don't want this to end our relationship. I really love you, (y/n), and I don't want to lose you." He said.

You had to admit you were shocked about this. But for some reason, you started giggling. Ed furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What? Do you find it weird, (y/n)?" "No. It's just...I now know where all my clothes have been all this time. Do they fit well on you?" You asked. "What?" Ed questioned. "Do my clothes fit well on you? Like my sweater, for instance?" You said, while holding up the sweater. "Oh. Well, yes, they all do fit well on me. Your sweater is quite snazzy and it does keep me warm. Wearing it makes me think of you." Ed said. "Aw." You blushed.

"So, are you okay...you know, about me wearing women's clothes?" Ed asked. You nodded and said, "Yeah. I'm okay about it. I just wish you wouldn't hide my clothes and not tell me." Ed, then, caressed your cheeks with both of his hands and said, "No more secrets, I promise. And I will not take your clothes or even your jewelry without asking you first." You smiled and said, "Alright. That's fine with me. And I promise you that I won't tell anyone about this." "Aw, I love you, (y/n)." Ed said, and, then, he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours. You giggled as you kissed him back.

Moments later, he pulled away from the kiss and asked, with a pout, "Would it be possible to borrow one of your earrings?" "Hm. As long as it's not my gold hoop earrings because I wanna wear them." You said, playfully. "Not if I get to them first." Ed said, playfully, and, then, he ran down the hallway. "Oh, no you don't, Ed Wood." You said, running after him, playfully.