Tarrant 'Mad Hatter' Hightopp #4

Imagine you staying with Mad Hatter when Underland begins to rust.

"Hurry, Alice, before it's too late!" You told your childhood best friend, Alice Kingsleigh, as she was traveling through time on Time's flying pole through the Ocean of Time to stop the Red Queen, Iracebeth, from seeing herself from the past as a child and get the Chronosphere back to restore time. Tarrant Hightopp, as known as 'Hatter' or 'Mad Hatter' by you and everyone, accompanied with you and Alice, while holding a big ant farm that contained his shrunken family in one arm and holding your hand with his other free hand. "I'm going as fast as I can, (y/n)." Alice said, as she flew the flying pole towards a wave, 'Fell Day', the day Mirana, the White Queen, tells a lie about eating the last tart and getting Iracebeth blamed for it, where she ends up running away and getting her head hit on the town fountain that causes her head to enlarge.

Once Alice flew into the wave, she hurried as fast as she could towards the castle. As she was approaching the broken window, Hatter released your hand and wrapped his arm around you, protectively, before the three of you crashed into the castle and flew onto the stone floor. While the three of you were sitting up, Hatter still kept his arm around you and looked at you, concerned. "Are you alright, my dear (y/n)?" He asked, lisping a bit. "I'm fine, Hatter." You answered, sweetly. He gave you a nod and picked up the ant farm that fell out of his arm off the floor before you and him followed Alice down a hallway.

It didn't take long until you three saw Mirana standing by herself, frozen in shock, when she was staring at Iracebeth, standing in a doorway, now rusted all over from head to toe. "This cannot be good." Hatter said. You shook your head, in disbelief. Alice, then, ran towards the doorway, picked up the Chronosphere, and looked at what was happening the bedroom. She turned back to you, Hatter, and Mirana, with a hint of panic in her eyes. "We've got to go now!" She said, and, then, she quickly activated the Chronosphere, while you and Mirana quickly lifted Iracebeth onto the Chronosphere. Once everyone was onboard, Alice flew out of the castle as fast as she could before the rust began to spread.

While traveling through the Ocean of Time, you and Hatter glanced behind and saw everything rusting up, rapidly. "It's catching up!" Hatter yelled, in fright. You looked up at him and wrapped your arms around his arm and held onto to him. He looked down, at first confused, but when he saw you, he softened up. Alice turned the Chronosphere towards the wave that was the present and flew through it. Even while flying through the present, Underland was starting to rust all over. Alice had to get back to Time's Castle even more quicker than ever.

As soon as Time's Castle was in plain sight, the rust was falling from above you and everyone, where Alice sped as fast as she could towards the castle. When she was getting more closer, you noticed the quickest way to get inside the castle. "Alice!" You said, out loud, while pointing to the stain glass window. She nodded and got the idea of what you were meaning. "Uh, girls?" Mirana questioned. "Everyone, hold on!" Alice instructed. "I don't wanna hold on!" Hatter exclaimed. "Hatter!" You said, as you wrapped your arm back onto Hatter's. Then, he wrapped an arm around you and held you, protectively, as you both ducked your heads down together as Alice crashed through the castle window.

Once you all were in the castle, Alice landed the Chronosphere, safely, on the floor before it shrunk back. She picked it up and started running through the castle, with you and Hatter, still holding his family in the ant farm in his arms, rushing after her, while Mirana stayed behind with Iracebeth. But as the three of you were running, the rust had entered into the castle and began rusting all over. Even you noticed Mirana turning into a rust statue with Iracebeth. "No!" You muttered, as you continued running with Alice and Hatter.

But as you were running, you heard Hatter whimpering from behind. You glanced behind you and saw Hatter falling behind and the rust was getting closer towards him. Knowing what will happen to him, you stopped running after Alice and started running back towards Hatter. You didn't want to leave him. He's the one who you met three years ago when you fell in Underland with Alice and developed feelings for him; not only because of his mad and quirky personality, but because of his handsome unique look. He's the one that you got to know more after he was rescued. He's the one who protected you during the battle against Iracebeth and her guards. He's the one you couldn't stop thinking about after you and Alice went back to your home in the real world. He's the one who you thought you were gonna lose when his colors were fading away from earlier. You loved him and you didn't want to lose him again if Alice doesn't make it.

"(y/n), what are you doing?" Hatter asked, as he stopped running once you were next to him, while the rust was getting closer. "I'm not leaving you, Hatter." You said. "But why, (y/n)?" He asked. You glanced at the rust that was coming towards you and Hatter before you answered, "Because I love you, Hatter." Then, the rust hit you and Hatter's shoes and you both began to rust. When that was happening, Hatter wrapped his arms around you, while still holding onto his family in the ant farm with one hand, and held you close to him. "I've got you, my dear, sweet (y/n)." He whispered in your ear. You held onto him as soon as you felt the rust surrounding you, Hatter, and his family before you were consumed into darkness.

Alice turned back and saw you and Hatter now as rust statues. "(y/n)! Hatter!" She said, and started running more faster. Everything, including the Grand Clock, and everyone, including Time, were all engulfed by the rust just as she was getting closer to where the Chronosphere belonged. But before she could reach it, she got caught by the rust and she turns into a rust statue. Afterwards, it seemed like all was lost forever as the whole Underland world was all nothing but covered in rust, leaving everything rusted in time.

Then, suddenly, the Chronosphere, which was almost put back in it's place by Alice before she turned rust, makes a electrical connection with the Grand Clock engine, and starts to work again. All the rust disappeared from Underland, the Ocean of Time, the past, and the present and everything went back to normal.

When the rust disappeared off of you and Hatter, you both gasped a breath of fresh air and sighed as the two of you got onto each other's knees on the floor, while you both were still holding onto each other, feeling relieved to be out of the rust. You both looked at each other before looking down at Hatter's family in the ant farm. "My goodness." Hatter said, as he set down the ant farm, safely, on the floor before looking back at you. "Are you alright, sweetheart?" He asked, while he placed both of his hands on your cheeks, looking worried. "I'm fine, Hatter. Are you?" You said. "Absolutely I am, my dear (y/n)." Hatter answered.

You both stared at each other for a couple more seconds until Hatter cleared his throat and spoke again. "(y/n), is true about what you said before we were rusted? Do you really love me?" He asked. You smiled and said, "Of course it's true, Hatter. I do love you. I loved you since I first time met you. I couldn't stop thinking about you after I left Underland with Alice. I thought I was gonna lose you when your colors were fading away and I wasn't gonna lose you when everything was turning to rust. That's why I stayed with you. Because I love you, Hatter."

Then, with his hands still on your cheeks, Hatter said, softly, "I love you too, sweetheart." After saying that, he leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours. You were a little surprised, at first, but you closed your eyes and kissed him back. Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss and Hatter said, "I've waited so long to tell you that when you were coming back to Underland one day. It was a long wait, but it makes me happy to finally have you back with me." He, then, placed a soft kiss on your forehead, which made you sigh, and wrapped his arms around you and hugged you. "I'm so glad to be with you again, Hatter." You said, softly, as you hugged him back.

You, then, glanced down at the ant farm and said, "Hatter, your family." "Oh, right." Hatter simply said, as he pulled away from the hug, and, then, he reached down and picked up the ant farm before he stood up, with it in his arms, before carrying it with him as he was looking for Mirana, with you following behind him.