Edward Scissorhands #4

Imagine you saving Edward Scissorhands from bullies.

(A/N: I wanted to include the Inventor in this imagine since I'm a big fan of Vincent Price and he was amazing for his role (even though it was for a short time in the film due to his illness).)

It's been a week since you and your family moved into a new house in a suburban neighborhood in California. It was hard for you moving into a new place because you had many friends back from you previously lived and it was your Senior year in high school. You didn't want to be known as 'the new student' during your only year in your new high school and you haven't made any friends since you've started. You felt it was awkward making new friends and knowing them for a few months, then, graduation happens, and everyone would leave for college and you'd probably wouldn't see them again. But you still hoped that you would make a friend one day.

***

It was a warm September Friday as you were walking home from school. It was fine as usual, but you still weren't getting adjusted to your new school and you still haven't made any friends. You just wish things could be a lot better with this new life.

As you were walking into your neighborhood, you couldn't help but glance up at the dark mansion that was on top of a hill near your neighborhood. Since the day you and your family moved in, you noticed the mansion from your bedroom window and you were curious to know if anyone lived in it, even though it looked creepy. But now you wanted to check it out to see what was up there. You started walking towards the direction of where the entrance was to get to the top of the hill. Once you got to it, you stepped over the broken rusty gate door that was on the ground and you started walking up the hill.

By the time you were at the top of the hill and you could see the mansion from the other side of the wall, you, suddenly, heard clamoring nearby. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion, as you started walking faster towards the direction of where the clamor was. As soon as you got closer to where you could see a gated entrance to the mansion, you saw a group of five teenage boys that you go to high school with surrounding a man that was on the ground, scared. They were laughing at him and calling him names like 'freak' and 'monster' and they were even throwing pebbles at him. You couldn't see the man's face, but you could see that he was wearing an all body black leather suit and he had black hair. But what surprised you the most when you got a little closer was that he had scissors for hands. It was shocking to you that it was an usual man with scissors for hands, but it was still wrong for these boys to bully him.

You threw your books on the ground, took off your backpack, and ran towards the group of boys to break it up. "Stop it! Leave him alone!" You said, pushing some of the boys out of the way. You finally got the boys away from the man, who had his scissor hands up in defense and looked scared. His face was pale with some scars all over. Then, you looked back up at the group. "What's he ever done to you to treat him like this?" You asked. But they didn't answer.

Instead, one of them stepped towards you and pushed you. "Back off, freak." He said. You almost lost your balance for a second, but, then, you regained your composure before you punched the boy in the face. He fell down on the ground and the rest of the boys looked you, shocked. Even the man was shocked too after what you did. The boy looked up at you, with blood dripping down his nose, and, then, he quickly got up and ran off. "Now get out of here." You said, pointing down the hill. Then, the other boys ran off with their friend.

After those teenage boys left, you turned back to the man with scissor hands. You walked towards him, slowly, and he, timidly, put up his scissor hands to cover his face, as if he was scared. You kneeled down in front of him and said, softly, "It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." He, then, put his hands down, slowly, and he stared at you, not only because it was first time in his life that's he's ever seen a woman and he trusts you, but he was also mesmerized by your beauty. You also stared at him too into his dark brown eyes because he looked so innocent, but also cute and handsome. 'He may not be human, but he really is cute.' You thought to yourself. But, then, you snapped back into reality.