Ichabod Crane #4

Imagine you're a detective working on the same Sleepy Hollow case as Ichabod Crane.

*Requested by lokisbuckycxo*

1799.

You're a detective from Tarrytown, New York, that was assigned to solve a case in Sleepy Hollow. A letter was sent to you that mysterious decapitations have been occurring and they needed someone to figure out the cause. Even though you've been working as a detective for two years, you've never worked on a case that didn't take place in your town or by yourself. You took the opportunity to solve this case so that you could prove to your superior that you're worthy to handle this case yourself without any assistance since you're only used to being an assistant when working on a case with other experienced detectives.

***

When you arrived in Sleepy Hollow in a coach, you walked up to a manor to meet with the insular town elders who sent you the letter. But as soon as you made it to the library after you were told where the elders were, not only were you greeted by them, but you weren't expecting to be greeted by a young, handsome man that was with them. "Who might you be, young lady?" The oldest elder, Baltus Van Tassel, asked you. "I'm Detective (y/n) (y/l/n) from Tarrytown. I received your letter that you requested me to solve the case here in Sleepy Hollow." You explained. "But I received a letter to solve the case." The young man said. You turned to the young man, glaring at him a bit. "And who might you be, sir?" You asked, rudely. "I'm Ichabod Crane, a constable from New York City." He introduced himself.

"Oh. The Big Apple. Strange that I wasn't expecting a big city constable to be sent to this village to solve this horrific case." You said, putting your hands on your hips. "I could say the same to you, only I wasn't expecting to be greeted by a female detective. I've never seen that before, but I find it very pleasant to finally meet a female detective. Yet I'm deeply shocked that you're not afraid to solve this case." "I should be saying that last sentence to you, Mr. Crane." You said. "First of all, please call me 'Ichabod'. 'Mr. Crane' sounds too formal. Secondly, I'm not afraid of solving this case." Ichabod said. "Then, why do I clearly see fear in your eyes? Fear and disgust?" You questioned. "Why do I already feel like I'm being insulted after meeting you for less than a minute?" He asked.

"Alright, you two. Settle down." Baltus Van Tassel said, waving his hands down. Then, you and Ichabod turned to face him and the other elders. "We sent both of you a letter to help solve this case in Sleepy Hollow and we didn't think that both of you would respond. But since you both are here, it could easily work out if you two could work together on this case so that we could avoid any more decapitation incidents happening in our village." He said. "I wouldn't mind working together." Ichabod said. You crossed your arms over your chest and said, "I don't mean to be rude, sir, but I work alone." Ichabod turned to you, confused and annoyed with your attitude.

***

Later in the day, you were walking all over the village searching for clues that could lead the case of the decapitations. Even though Baltus Van Tassel and the other elders had reported to you and Ichabod that they believe that the killer was none other than the legendary, undead Headless Horseman, you still wanted to look for any proof to see if their suspicions were true or not. So far, you couldn't find anything.

You were in the pumpkin patch that was near the village, continuing to search for any clues. All of a sudden, you heard something snap from behind you that made you gasp and jump a little. You turned around and saw Ichabod standing behind you. "Don't scare me like that. I hate it when people sneak up on me." You said, as you placed your hand over your chest as your heart was racing. "I do apologize for scaring you. But it's nice to see that you can be afraid of anything that sneaks up on you." He said. You rolled your eyes at his response.