Ichabod Crane #3

Imagine you're being saved by Ichabod Crane when the Headless Horseman is after you.

*Requested by WonkruHeda*

In the dark, quiet village called 'Sleepy Hollow', everyone was terrified to leave their homes in the middle of the night. All because the legendary Headless Horseman has come back from the dead and has been beheading a number of people in the village within the past few days. No one knew how to stop him, not even the new constable from New York City, Ichabod Crane, didn't know how to stop him either. Alas, no one couldn't do nothing but hide from the Headless Horseman whenever he showed up, unexpectedly, in the village and hoped that one day he would never come back.

You lived in Sleepy Hollow your whole life with your father, Baltus Van Tassel, and your stepmother, Lady Van Tassel. You met Ichabod when he arrived in Sleepy Hollow to investigate the decapitations of the victims. You provided him hospitality while he was staying in the guest bedroom and you comforted him a couple times whenever he was having a nightmare about the Headless Horseman after witnessing him beheading a villager during the night. He was also protective of you for your safety and asked you stay home while he was investigating the decapitated bodies and finding any clues, but you ignored his warnings and stayed with him because you felt safe with him.

The night before, your father apparently was confronted by the Headless Horseman during the night and he ended up getting beheaded. You were distraught about the news of your father's death, Ichabod offered you to sleep in bed with him so you didn't feel lonely or scared. You accepted his offer and stayed in bed with him during the night. While he was sleeping, his arms were wrapped around you, protectively, throughout the night and you could hear the sound of his heart beating when you laid against his chest as you looked at his handsome facial features and his dark brown hair. This caused you to feel something in your heart that you've never felt before in your life. You wondered if Ichabod was having the same feeling as you were after hearing his heart beating.

***

It was night time as you woke up in Ichabod's bed, spooked, from the sound of thunder. You sat up and looked at the other side of the bed where Ichabod usually slept and he wasn't there. You were starting to get worried about him being outside during the thunderstorm and something bad happened to him. You quickly got out of bed, put on your slippers and your (f/c) robe, and ran outside to look for Ichabod. It was so dark outside, you grabbed a nearby lantern and took it with you. "Ichabod!" You called out, but there was no answer. You ran down further into the village, looking for him, but there was no sign of him anywhere. The thunderstorm and wind was even getting more worse. 'I hope he didn't go into the dark forest.' You thought to yourself.

Then, all of a sudden, a gust of wind was starting to pick up more, causing you stop in your tracks. You were starting to feel more scared when there was no one around, but you could sense something was coming. The wind blew so hard, the fire in your lantern went out, leaving you all alone in the dark. 'Oh, Ichabod, where are you?' You thought to yourself, before you heard galloping from a far away distance. Your eyes widened and you dropped the lantern when you saw a dark figure on a horse appeared out of the dark forest. "No. It cannot be." You whispered, as you began taking slow steps back, focusing on the dark figure on the horse when it started galloping towards you.

As it was getting closer, you gasped, in horror, when you realized it was none other than the legendary Headless Horseman. He drew out his sword and raised it up in the air as he prepared to swing it at you. 'Somebody, help me!' You screamed in your head, as the Headless Horseman was too close to you and getting ready his sword at you.