Ichabod Crane #5

Imagine you're a maid and Ichabod Crane treats you with kindness.

*Requested by ebrown895*

Today was the worst day of your life. You got laid off from your job as a waitress at a local bar and you were evicted from your loft in New York City and given a thirty day notice after the company went out of business. After you found out, you searched all over the city for a new job and a new place to stay for you and your black cat, Bella. So far, you've looked all over and there weren't many places hiring and many lofts were so expensive that you weren't able to afford it.

But when you stopped by a house that had a sign from the inside of the window that said, 'House Maid Needed', you walked up to the door and knocked on it. Moments later, the door opened and a very handsome man with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. "Hello." He said. "Hi. I noticed the sign on the window from outside about a house maid needed and I was wondering if you're still hiring?" You asked. "Ah, yes. The offer still stands. Are you interested in the job offer, miss?" "Well, since there's no other places hiring, I shall consider taking the job offer." You said. "Perfect. Won't you come in and I'll give you a tour of the house and what you'll be doing as a maid?" He said, while moving to the side and gesturing you to walk inside.

"Thank you kindly, sir." You said. "Of course. What is your name, miss?" He asked, holding his hand out towards you. "Oh, forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is (y/n) (y/l/n)." You answered, and, then, you took his hand and shook it. "How wonderful to meet you, (y/n). My name is Ichabod Crane. I really appreciate you doing this for my wife and I." He said. You were, mentally, shocked when he mentioned the word 'wife'. "Wife?" You questioned. "Oh, yes. My wife, Katrina. She's upstairs in her bedroom, napping." Ichabod answered. "Ah, I see." "Now, then, let me show you around my house and I will tell what you will be doing as a maid, (y/n)." He said. "Thank you, Mr. Crane." You said. He chuckled and said, "Please, call me 'Ichabod', sweetheart." "Okay." You responded, blushing a bit after he called you 'sweetheart'.

Then, for the next twenty minutes, Ichabod showed you around his house, which was very fancy, he told you about the house rules, talked about his career as a constable and what his hours were, and afterwards, he began to go over your job as a maid. "Specifically, as a maid, you will simply do chores around the house, such as cleaning around the house, laundry, ironing, grocery shopping when needed, and also doing the cooking. Are you willing to cook all meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, (y/n)?" Ichabod asked. "Absolutely. I am willing to cook all three meals." You answered. He smiled and said, "Splendid. Katrina and I will really appreciate you doing that. You will need to wake up early in the morning to begin breakfast, make note of that. I will make you lists of meals that will be expected to be cooked for each day."

After touring around the house and going over your job, Ichabod brought you to his study. "Are you willing to start tomorrow, (y/n)?" He asked. "Absolutely, Ichabod." You said. "Wonderful. I'll just need your address so that I could mail you your check." Ichabod said, as he walked around his desk and took out a piece of paper and a pen. You looked down, sadly, and said, "I don't have an address, Ichabod." He looked at you, confused. "Why's that, (y/n)?" Ichabod asked. You sighed before you explained, sadly, almost on the verge of tears, "Because I just got evicted from my loft and I lost my waitress job at the same time today and I have nowhere else to stay."

Moments later, you felt two fingers under your chin and, then, they lifted your head up, where you were facing Ichabod. "There's no need to be sad, (y/n), because you are more than welcome to live here with me and Katrina." He said. You were surprised after he said that. "You really mean it, Ichabod?" You asked. "Of course I mean it, (y/n). We have a spare bedroom that you could stay in and I won't charge you at all since you'll be working here." He said, kindly."What about my cat, Bella? Can she stay here too?" You asked. "Of course your cat can stay here. I have no problem with cats." Ichabod answered. You smiled and said, "Oh, Ichabod, this is wonderful. You made my day so much better. Thank you so much." He smiled at you before he said, "You're most welcome, (y/n). I would never leave you out in the streets if you were stuck in this type of situation. I will have to let Katrina know and let me tell you—"