Sam #3

Imagine you're a tutor and you're tutoring Sam.

During the summer, you were working as a tutor to earn a little side money before going back to art school in September. So far, the only client you've been mostly tutoring more than your other clients that were either in elementary or middle school was Sam, a twenty six year old illiterate, but also comically sweet and talented. It surprised you that he's four years older than you and he struggles to read and write. His mother set up a tutoring session with you to help him with the two things he struggles with.

During the next two weeks while tutoring Sam, he's been improving as you taught simple lessons to him about reading first before moving to writing. His reading skills have improved a lot better after you assigned him a book and to read a chapter to you. But he was still of struggling with his writing skills.

While you were tutoring Sam after the first couple of days of meeting him for the first time, you developed a crush on him. His handsome facial features, his brown wavy, shoulder-length hair, and his dark brown eyes attracted you and liked the way he dressed; he wore wore a hat, an outfit that seemed like it took place in the 1930's; a vest, a tie, and he also carried around a little wood cane with him. It reminded you of Buster Keaton, especially whenever he did entertaining routines like what Buster Keaton did in the movies whenever it was break time from tutoring. But you knew you couldn't go out with Sam because he's your client.

***

Today was the day you were gonna review Sam's improvement on his writing skills. "Okay, Sam. Show me what you've got." You said, as you set down a paper and pencil in front of Sam. "Okay, (y/n)." Sam said, as he picked up the pencil and set the tip on the paper, but he didn't start writing. "Um, what should I write down, (y/n)?" He asked. "Write whatever you want, Sam. All I'm observing is the improvement on your writing." You explained. "But I don't know what to write down. Can you give me a sentence for me to write down?" Sam asked, shyly. You giggled and said, "Sure, Sam. I'll help you."

You thought for a moment for an easy, simple sentence for Sam to write down until you thought of a good one that suited him very well. "Okay. I got one for you, Sam. Write down, 'I love Buster Keaton'." You instructed him. "Okay." Sam simply said, and, then, he started on writing, with a slow pace, but looking like he was focusing.

After a minute, Sam said, "I'm finished, (y/n)." "Alright. Let me take a look at it." You said, as you took the piece and reviewed his writing. You were slightly disappointed when you noticed that it was written the exact same way as he always writes. "Um, there's somewhat improvement on your writing, Sam. But it was not what I was expecting. Do you want me to help you?" You asked. Sam nodded and simply said, "Please." Then, you handed him the pencil and you clasped your hand with his and, then, you started guiding him on writing.

As you were guiding Sam to write on the paper, you couldn't help but blush while you were holding his hand and being close to his side during the process. It was the closest you've ever been near Sam, especially when you were holding his hand. As soon as you finished helping Sam write down the sentence on the piece of paper, you looked down and reviewed it and it looked a lot better than before. "Nice work, Sam. It looks better than before. How do you feel about it, Sam?" You asked, as you looked up at him, which you didn't realize your face was close to his, which made you blush even more. Sam turned to you and said, with a charming smile, "I feel good, (y/n)."

Afterwards, there was nothing but silence for a few seconds as the two of you looked deep into each other's eyes. You both didn't even notice that your hands were still clasped together with the pencil in between. Soon enough, Sam started to lean towards you, slowly and shyly. You did the same as well as you were leaning towards him. As you both got closer, Sam's lips, lightly, brushed against yours for a couple of seconds until you both finally closed the distance between the two of you. It was the most amazing feeling you've never felt before and it felt wonderful to finally kiss your crush, Sam. The warmth and softness from his lips just made the moment feel so beautiful.

Moments later, you both, slowly, pulled away from the kiss and looked at each other. "(y/n), would you like to see a movie with me tonight?" Sam asked. You smiled after he asked you out as you answered, "I would like that a lot, Sam." Then, you leaned forward and kissed Sam once again, with your eyes closed. Sam closed his eyes and kissed you back while he caressed your cheek with his other hand as you both kissed, with a little passion, without your other hands letting go of each other the whole time.