Tom Hanson #5

Imagine Tom Hanson saving you from your boyfriend.

*Requested by TayNicole99*

It was very early in the morning as you were walking down the stairs from your upstairs apartment in your waitress dress, ready to start the day with work. As you were getting close to the parking lot, you reached into your purse to get your car keys, but you somehow couldn't find them. "Darn it. Brad took my car keys and hid them." You muttered. "Great. How am I supposed to get to work?" You asked yourself.

"Morning, (y/n)." You heard a familiar call your name out that made you slightly jump and immediately made you feel nervous. But when you turn to see who it was, you felt your nerves calming down when you saw Tom Hanson, a man who lived in the apartment beneath yours that you've found very handsome and attractive with his dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, slightly tan skin, and beautiful facial features. "Morning, Tom." You said back to him. "On your way to work?" Tom asked. "Kind of, except I don't know how I'm gonna get there because...I lost my keys." You lied, looking down at the ground. "You want a ride?" Tom offered, kindly.

You looked up at him, surprised. "Oh, Tom, I really appreciate your offer, but I don't wanna sound like I'm being a burden." You said. "You're not being a burden, (y/n). I would hate for you to be late for work if you have no way of getting there." Tom said. Afterwards, you turned and, timidly, glanced up at your apartment and looked back at Tom. You nodded and said, "Okay." Tom gave you a nod and, then, you followed him to his car. He opened the passenger door for you and you sat down on the seat before he closed the door for you. Then, he walked around his car, got in, and drove out of the parking lot. "Thank you for the ride, Tom." "You're welcome, (y/n)." He said, with a smile.

During the whole car ride, it felt so awkward as you were looking out the window, not saying a word. All you could think about something on your mind. But your thoughts were soon interrupted when you heard Tom's voice. "Hey. You okay, (y/n)?" He asked. "Um, yeah. I'm okay, Tom." You said, even though you were obviously lying at the same time as you shifted your eyes side-to-side.

After a minute of not speaking, Tom spoke again. "(y/n), can I ask you something?" He asked. You turned to him and said, "Sure. What is it, Tom?" You questioned. "I've been wanting to ask you something for a while, but I never have gotten the chance to. I've been hearing a lot of noises, like stomping, coming from my ceiling and I know it's coming from your apartment. Is everything okay?" Tom asked. "Um, yeah. Everything's alright. Brad was just...rearranging the furniture." You lied. Tom glanced at you, suspiciously, and said, doubtfully, "He's been rearranging the furniture all this time for the whole month?" You were about to say something, but you were loss for words.

As soon as Tom pulled into the parking lot that was in front of the small local diner that you work at, you were about to open the door and get out, but Tom, gently, put his hand on your shoulder to stop you. "(y/n), wait." He said. You turned to face him. "Tom, I have to go. I'm gonna be late for work." "It can wait because I really would like to talk with you." Tom said, sounding concerned. "There's nothing to talk about, Tom. There's nothing wrong." You said, on the verge of tears. "(y/n), there is something wrong. I can see it in your eyes. You're scared about something and I'm sure it has something to do with Brad." Tom said. "I can't talk about it, Tom! It's complicated!" You said, almost freaking out, as you were about to turn back to the car door, but Tom took your hand into his and stopped you once again.

"(y/n), look at me, please." Tom said, calmly, and, then, you turned back to him, with a couple of tears running down your cheeks. After that, Tom reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He opened it to reveal his police badge. "I'm a police officer and I'm willing to help you." He said. You shook your head and said, "I can't go to the police, Tom." "Why's that? It's because Brad told you not to?" Tom questioned. You hesitated, at first, but, then, you nodded, slowly. "(y/n), Brad's not here, okay? You don't have to lie anymore. You're with me and I just wanna help you. You're a very sweet girl and I don't wanna see you get hurt. Can you please trust me?" Tom said.