Tom Hanson #1

Imagine you're going grocery shopping with your boyfriend, Tom Hanson, and a robbery occurs.

*Requested by johnnyobsessed1919*

You were at the local market with your boyfriend, Tom Hanson, buying a few groceries. He was on his day off from police duty, so he thought it would be nice to get some groceries since you've mentioned to him that you both were running low on food and there's barely any people at the market since it's a Monday. Plus, he planned on making a nice, romantic dinner for the both of you later on in the evening.

As you both were waiting in line, you checked the cart to see if everything was in there to make sure that you and Tom got everything checked off the grocery list. You noticed one missing item, so you turned to Tom and said, "Tom, we're missing a jar of honey. Could you do me a favor and go grab a small jar?" "Honey? Why do you need honey, (y/n)?" Tom asked, sounding confused. "Because I need honey for my tea." You explained. He raised an eyebrow, in confusion, since he wasn't a tea-drinker.

"Honey in tea? Never heard that one before." He said. You chuckled and said, "It makes the tea taste more sweeter. Plus, they say that it helps with sore throats when you're sick." Tom chuckled at the thought of honey helping sore throats. But he was mainly chuckling at your cute explanation. "Alright. I'll go get you some honey, honey." Tom said, with a wink at the end. You giggled at the last part before he pecked you on the lips and left to look for the aisle that contained jars of honey.

***

It seemed like only yesterday you reunited with Tom at a local bookstore nine months ago. You and Tom used to go to high school together and you both were close friends. The last time you saw him was at the after-graduation party when you and him talked about future plans during the party. You both had different plans after graduation; he wanted to become a police officer and you wanted to become an artist. Tom seemed upset because he thought that you were gonna move a thousand miles away from him, even though you mentioned to him that you didn't know where you were moving to.

Three years later, while you were looking for books about watercolor painting, you bumped into Tom while he was passing through. You both were excited to see each other again and you both talked about each other's successes; he's a successful cop going undercover for many cases lately and you teach people about different types of painting. After that, you both kept in touch with each other, including Tom asking you out on dates. Later on, he took you out on a special date, where he confessed his love to you and has mentioned that he's had feelings for you since high school and he couldn't stop thinking about you after you both went your separate ways. You told him that you also felt the same way towards him after all these years, which made him even more happy.

Tom, then, asked you to be his girlfriend, which you didn't hesitate to say 'yes', and he placed a promise ring on your right ring finger as a symbol of never leaving each other's sides ever again, to protect you from any harm, and more importantly, to be together, exclusively. He chose this ring for you because it reminded him of your paintings.

 He chose this ring for you because it reminded him of your paintings

***

When it was your turn, you started placing the groceries onto the conveyor belt. "My boyfriend went to get one more item. He'll be right back." You told the cashier, who nodded back at you. Tom still hasn't shown up with the honey jar. 'He's probably lost.' You thought to yourself, in a joke way, as you set the last grocery item on the conveyor belt.

But as you walked up to the cashier, you, suddenly, heard someone shouting, "Everybody down! Now!" You looked up and you saw a masked man, with a handgun pointed up. You could hear a few people yelping, in fear, and dropping some stuff as you saw people, including the cashier in front of you, putting their hands up and getting down on the floor. You followed pursuit and kneeled down on the floor. "Don't move! All of you! This is a robbery! One move and you'll get a bullet right through your head!" The robber shouted, and he shot a bullet to the ceiling, causing people to scream and duck down even further. 'Tom, where are you?' You thought to yourself, as you ducked down a bit so the robber didn't see you.

"Open the cash register! Put the money in the bag!" The robber shouted at a nearby cashier. You could sense that he was close by, which was causing your heart to race. Then, he moved to where you were. "You there, open the cash register and put the money in here!" He shouted at the cashier, who stood up, slowly, with her hands up, and started emptying out the cash register as quick as she could. "Hurry up!" He shouted again at the cashier.

Once that was finished, the robber looked down at you and he pointed his handgun at you which caused your heart to race even more, especially when it was cocked. "You there, stand up!" He shouted. You were scared, but you didn't want to disobey him, so you stood up, slowly, with your hands up. "Turn around and don't say a word!" He instructed. You did what he told you to do and, then, you felt the cold barrel on the back of your neck. "Gonna take you out on a little ride, so move it!" He said, as he swung the bag full of money over his shoulder and was getting ready to make you walk.

Then, suddenly, there was an empty can sound. You had a feeling you knew who it was. "What the?" The robber asked, angrily, as he moved the barrel away from your neck and held it out and looked behind to see the people on the floor. "No moving or I will fire this gun at whoever!" He shouted. Then, out of nowhere, Tom snuck out from the side, with his own handgun in his left hand, and mouthed, 'Duck!', to you, which you did. As the robber finished shouting at the other people, he turned back and Tom sucker-punched him in the face, knocking the gun out his hand and fall onto the floor.

Once he was on the floor, you picked up the gun, uncocked it, and set it back on the floor where the robber couldn't reach it. While you were doing that, Tom put away his gun, took out his handcuffs, turned the robber over on his stomach, put his hands on his back, and handcuffed him. "Call the cops, ma'am. I got this." He told the cashier. The robber turned his head to looked up at Tom. "Who the hell are you?" He asked. "Officer Hanson. You're under arrest and you have the right to remain silent." Tom said, as he made the robber stand up and escorted him out of the grocery store.

The police arrived and had taken the robber into custody. You stood next to Tom as he was watching the police car drove off, with the robber inside. He noticed that you were next to him and, then, he immediately wrapped his arms around you. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" He asked, as he kissed your forehead. You wrapped your arms around him and answered, "I'm fine, Tom." He leaned his head against yours as he held you close to him. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)." Tom said, sounding guilty. "For what, Tom?" You questioned. "For leaving you. I should never have left you alone where that filthy robber almost took you. I—I thought I was gonna lose you, (y/n)." He said.

You pulled, slightly away from the hug and you looked up at Tom, who had sadness in his eyes. "It's not your fault, Tom. We didn't know a robbery was gonna happen. Plus, I asked you to do me a favor. Yes, I was scared of what would've happened to me if the robber had taken me. But you know what I'm happy that you saved my life and you kept your promise to protect me from any harm." You said, as you held up your right hand and showed the promise ring. Tom smiled down at you and held your hand and brought it to his lips, where he pressed a gentle kiss on it. You blushed and smiled after he did that.

"You're right, (y/n). I did protect you. I kept my promise because you're my girl." He said. You smiled even more and said, "I love you, Tom Hanson." "And I love you too, (y/n) (y/l/n)." Tom said, and, then, he caressed your cheek with his thumb as he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours. You closed your eyes and kissed him back as you wrapped your arms around his neck.