Ichabod Crane #6

Imagine you comforting Ichabod Crane after he has a nightmare.

For a year and a half, you've been working as an assistant to New York City constable, Ichabod Crane. Your job was to assist him on cases he's assigned to all around the city and to help calm him down whenever he's on the verge of fainting if he ever encounters blood or corpses. Even if cases were stressful and tough, you still enjoyed working with Ichabod.

When you first met him, you thought he was gonna be difficult to work with due to him being easily skittish sometimes. But after awhile, you've grown used to him after watching him use his handmade tools he brings to an investigation and got fascinated by his scientific methods. Sooner or later, you and Ichabod began to grow a strong bond together; not just for the partnership of solving cases, but the relationship between you both. You loved Ichabod's quirky, but charming personality, how kind and protective he's been with you, his cute hairstyle, his handsome facial features, and his scientific skills. With Ichabod, he finds it cute when you get curious when it comes to solving a case, he loves the way you laugh and smile, he loves it when you understand his scientific methods than anyone else does, and how memorized he gets when he sees your beautiful face. Eventually, you and Ichabod became not only partners in solving investigations, but a loving couple.

***

As of now, you and Ichabod had been dispatched to Sleepy Hollow to investigate the recent decapitations of some of the villagers who lived there. So far, you both haven't found any leads or suspects to who was responsible for the beheadings. Although the town elders, mainly the leader, Baltus Van Tassel, suspect that the undead legendary Headless Horseman on a black steed was responsible for the recent events that have occurred. You were very skeptical of the paranormal and have not seen any sight of the horseman while you were questioning the villagers. But somehow, Ichabod had witnessed the Headless Horseman himself as there were two more decapitations that had occurred before you found him laying down somewhere, unconscious.

You were sitting at the desk area looking through notes and possible clues around Sleepy Hollow, while Ichabod was laying your shared bed, still unconscious, after you have found him in the pumpkin patch earlier. It was getting late and you were starting to feel a little tired after reading so many notes and books about Sleepy Hollow for a long time. Then, you heard Ichabod scuffling in bed, so you went over to the bed and sat down on the bed next to him to see if he was alright. You were worried about him as you saw him moving his head side-to-side, which you instantly knew he was having a nightmare.

Then, all of a sudden, Ichabod woke up, with a gasp, and he instantly sat up and you caught him in your arms. Once Ichabod realized he was in reality, he immediately wrapped his arms around you and held you close to him, with his head resting against your shoulder, sighing and panting in relief that you there with him instead of being stuck in his nightmare. "Oh, (y/n). Thank goodness it's you." "Shh. It's okay, Ichabod. You were having a nightmare." You spoke to him, softly, by his ear, while you, gently, rubbed his back to comfort him. "Yes, I was, and thank goodness it was just a nightmare. It seemed so real." Ichabod said, while panting a little as he was still thinking about the nightmare he had.

Moments later, you unwrapped your arms from Ichabod and moved back so that you could look at him. Ichabod took one of your hands and held it as if he wanted to make sure he was still in reality. "What happened in your nightmare, Ichabod?" You asked. Ichabod took a deep breath to take a moment to calm down and stop panting before he answered, "I don't remember much of what happened in my nightmare, but the only thing I did see was the Headless Horseman coming after you." You gasped, quietly, after he told you that. Even though you haven't seen the Headless Horseman yourself, you couldn't imagine how scary it was to see a headless figure and decapitating the victims. You were skeptical about the story at first, but after what's been happening with Ichabod when you found him unconscious a couple of times, it was pretty oblivious that he saw the Headless Horseman.

"But the worst thing that happened in my nightmare was that I wasn't there to protect you. Then, the last thing that I saw was the Headless Horseman coming right at you, with his sword, and you screamed my name before everything all around me went completely black." Ichabod added, with sadness in his dark brown eyes. "Oh, my goodness. That's horrible, Ichabod. It's so scary to hear that. Thank goodness it was only a nightmare." You said. But he lowered his head down, looking as if he was ashamed. "But it felt so real, (y/n). I thought I had actually lost you and I wasn't there for you. I can't bare the thought of losing you and I know that I need to protect you from any harm. I felt like had failed you if anything happened to you, my dear." Ichabod said.

You placed two fingers under his chin and you, gently, lifted his head up so that he was facing you. "Ichabod, don't worry about it. It was just a nightmare. There's no need to feel like you failed me for not protecting me. You've always protected me whenever we solve cases together, even when danger wasn't lurking about. Believe me, you're never gonna lose me. Even if you're not around to protect me, I can always find a way to defend myself from any danger that comes to me." You told him. "But why do I still feel like I'm gonna lose you if you actually get encountered by the Headless Horseman?" Ichabod questioned. You caressed his cheek with your thumb and said, "You're not gonna lose me, Ichabod. I promise. I'm sure it's normal to feel this way after having a nightmare like that because you love me."

Ichabod, then, placed his hand on your cheek and caressed it with his thumb and said, "I do love you, my dear (y/n), and you're right. I'm sure it is normal to feel like this after experiencing a nightmare like that and feeling like you really lost the love of your life." "As long as we're together and our love grows stronger, no harm will come to us when we protect each other." You said. Ichabod smiled a bit and said back, "I feel better than ever after listening to your thoughtful words, (y/n). I'm glad to have you in my life. I don't know what I would do without you." "You probably just be a fainting fool, darling." You joked, which made Ichabod chuckle. "But I'm glad that I made you feel better." You added.

Afterwards, Ichabod leaned forward and placed his warm lips against yours and kissed you, lovingly. You kissed him back, without hesitation, as you melted into the kiss. Seconds later, you both pulled away from the kiss and smiled at each other.

Then, you let out a yawn and you felt your eyelids were getting heavy. "Let's call it a night. I'm quite tired." "I couldn't agree with you more, sweetheart." Ichabod said, as he scooted over so that there was an open spot available for you. Then, you climbed into bed with him and you laid down on your side, where you were facing him. Ichabod wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer towards him, while he stared into your (e/c) eyes. "I love you so much, (y/n) (y/l/n)." He whispered, as he placed his thumb on your temple and stroked it, gently. You smiled and sighed, happily, as you relaxed from his touch. "And I love you too, Ichabod Crane." You whispered back.

Feeling him stroke your temple was starting to make you fall asleep. You leaned forward and pecked his lips and said, "Goodnight, darling." Ichabod, then, leaned forward and placed a kiss on your forehead before he said back, "Goodnight, sweetheart." "If you have another nightmare, just let me know." You reminded him. "Will do. I love it when you comfort me." Ichabod said, tiredly, and you chuckled, quietly. Then, you snuggled against him, closed your eyes and fell asleep, while Ichabod fell asleep with you in his arms.