Chapter 85: Chatting.

Sprint employee: I'll just need your old phone, so I can sync your contacts and photos into your new one.

Mariella: Uh, It's at the bottom of a fountain..

Last nights conversation with Luke went better than expected.

Luke: That was you?

Mariella: Yeah. Veronica was at the hotel the entire time. I didn't expect for photos to show up on the internet. I'm sorry.

Luke: Put Veronica back on..

They're okay now, after a couple of sincere apologies and I love you's, things were back to normal. Veronica finally spoke her mind and told Luke how she felt about him leaving. In the end I was right, but was still lectured. I vowed to never leave out information that would effect others relationships and she vowed to listen to my advice more often. I'm pretty sure part of it was Tyler's doing as well. So, I'll definitely have to give him a call.

The older woman gave me a weird look before smiling once again.

Sprint employee: That's unfortunate. I'll be right out with your new phone.

She walks out from behind her computer and into a small enclosed room. I was glad I had picked up my medicine before coming here. My stomach was aching and the pills seemed to calm the sporadic pains. She walks back out with a white iPhone box in hand.

Sprint employee: Alright, let me just start this up for you and you can be on your way.

Mariella: Will I have the same number?

Sprint employee: You will, but all your past information will not be stored inside the phone, due to the circumstances of not having your old one with you.

I nod as she turns on the phone, tapping and skipping multiple screens. She presses a few keys on the computer, than hands over the phone and box.

Sprint employee: Okay, If you experience any new problems, feel free to come back. Have a nice day.

Mariella: Thank you, you do the same.

I walk out, staring at my new phone screen. I hop in the drivers seat placing the iPhone box inside the glove compartment. I peel off the clear lining and dial a number. It rings twice.

Veronica: Hello?

Mariella: Just got my new phone.

Veronica: Good. How's your stomach?

Mariella: Fine. The pills help.

Veronica: Don't push yourself..

Mariella: I'm okay. I'll see you tonight.

Veronica: Alright, bye.

I hang up, sitting back in the seat. How am I suppose to get all my contacts back. I haven't really spoken to half the people who's numbers I did have. Tyler, Sawyer, Jc.

I'll just have to wait till any of them call me. If they even do.

-

-

-

Mariella: What's your number?

Claire takes her gaze off the cash register.

Claire: I thought you alright had it?

Mariella: I had to get a new phone and I lost all my contacts.

She walks over to where I'm sitting and holds out her hand. I pull my phone out from my back pocket and hand it to her. She taps around the screen before handing it back.

Claire: There you go..

She walks back around the counter.

Mariella: Are you still mad about yesterday?

Claire: Maybe. I'm more upset Angie isn't here.

Mariella: Wasn't she here this morning?

Claire: No, Evan was.

"He was here?"

Mariella: Where is he now?

Evan: He's right here..

I turn my head in the direction of his voice.

Claire: Good, you're back.

I look away not giving him the time of day. I hear him smirk as he walks by. His arm brushes against my shoulder.

Mariella: Don't touch me.

He raises his hands up in surrender as he walks back to the kitchen. Why does he decide to show his face now? What was he doing the days he was out? I think about Sawyer as he walks back out.

Evan: Give me a hand.

He turns around, holding the strings of his apron.

Mariella: I'd rather not.

He chuckles at my snappy remark, turning to face me as he ties the back.

Evan: You know, I'm not a bad guy.

Mariella: Hard to believe since you supply drugs..

He gets up close, shushing me. I stand up, backing away. He whispers through gritted teeth.

Evan: I don't supply drugs. So, don't go around spewing lies.

Mariella: You're the one giving Sawyer all that OxyContin.

He shushes me again, annoyed.

Evan: Lower your voice! I was only doing what Sawyer asked me. He's the one that called his doctor and asked for more. I only went and picked it up from the pharmacy.

Mariella: You should know he can't take those because of his past.

Claire: What are you two doing?

We both turn around.

Evan: Just chatting..

Claire: Mariella, customers just sat down outside in your section.

I glare at Evan, before walking outside.