Chapter 56: That's enough.

Luke: I could say the same for you..

They glare at each other.

Mariella: We were just talking.

Luke: It didn't sound like "just talking". We could hear you two all the way down the hall.

Veronica: Mariella, are you okay?

Sawyer: Of course she's okay! Don't say stupid things, V!

Sawyer's tone was nasty. Luke protectively steps in front of Veronica.

Luke: She wasn't asking you.

Sawyer: Why are you even here?

Luke: I was invited by my girlfriend.

Sawyer looks to Veronica.

Sawyer: Why are you with him?

She was silent.

Luke: We love each other.

Sawyer smirks.

Sawyer: I recall a time when she loved me and not you.

Veronica: Sawyer, stop.

He grins, manically.

Sawyer: What? Don't you remember??

Luke chimes in.

Luke: Its funny, because I remember you cheating on your long time girlfriend. Blair, remember?

Veronica: Please, stop.

Sawyer throws a hand up.

Sawyer: No, this needs to be said. Tell me Luke, were you jealous that I had her and she wouldn't even give you the time of day?

Luke: You two weren't even together. You were just using her. Giving her drugs and having meaningless sex. Well, it was meaningless to you.

Sawyer: You don't know what you're talking about..

Luke: I don't? There were many times where she came crying and confessing her feelings to me. You knew nothing. She wanted away from you. How would you know if she was lying?

Sawyer was quiet as Luke stood there, pleased. The tension in the room was high. I was scared of what was going to happen.

Luke: You're doing the same thing to Mariella as you did to Veronica.

Sawyer: Shut up! That's not true!

Luke: You're just a heartless bastard. I don't understand how I ever considered you as a friend.

Sawyer: We were never friends. You stabbed me in the back a long time ago.

Luke lightly chuckles.

Luke: You just don't get it, do you? I'm glad Joey finally realized who you really were.

Sawyer: Screw Joey!

Luke: Really?? After all he's done for you. You'd be dead if it wasn't for him.

Veronica: That's enough!

Sawyer aggressively points to Veronica.

Sawyer: You better listen to her..

Luke walks over to Veronica and I.

Luke: Let's go. There's no reasoning with him.

Sawyer grabs my arm.

Sawyer: We're not done with our conversation.

Veronica: Sawyer, it's over. Let go of her.

Sawyer: She never said it was over.

Luke: Just give up, Sawyer.

Sawyer: Stay out of this!

Luke: You need to leave or I'm calling the police.

He narrows his eyes, menacingly.

Sawyer: What are the police going to do?? I've done nothing wrong. Why don't you take my sloppy seconds and leave us-...

I throw a hand back and slap Sawyer hard across the face. He releases his grip on my arm. He takes of small steps back from the force.

Mariella: Get out.

He places a hand on his red cheek.

Sawyer: What?

Mariella: I want nothing to do with an asshole like you. So, leave.

Sawyer: Mari-...

Mariella: Get the hell out!

My voice echoes throughout the room. He looks at us, before slowly hobbling over to his crutches. He places them under his arms and leaves. Slamming the door behind him. Making the pictures on the wall shake.

I can't believe I slapped him. My hands were trembling. Veronica walks towards me and wraps her arms around my body. I just stood there as she held me. I was numb to any emotion.