Chapter 13: Sorry not sorry.

Joey Graceffa had mistaken me for my sister. He was so much cuter in person!

Mariella: Um, I'm not Veronica, but I am her sister.

He looked confused, but smiled. Such perfect teeth.

Joey: I had no idea Veronica had a sister..

Mariella: I just moved in with her a few days ago. I'm Mariella.

He stuck out his hand and I gently grab ahold of it.

Joey: I'm Joey. It's nice to meet you.

I was hoping for a hug, but hand contact was okay too.

Mariella: I know who you are. I've watched some of your videos on YouTube.

I couldn't tell him I was somewhat of a fan girl when it came to him. I mean, I've practically seen all of his videos and I didn't want to come off too strong.

Joey: Oh, great! So, are you here alone?

Mariella: Yeah, I just finished up an interview with the manager and I haven't eaten all morning. So, I decided why not just eat at my new job.

His gaze brightened.

Joey: You work here now? Congratulations! I love this Cafe! When do you start?

Mariella: Wednesday morning.

Joey: Good for you! You don't mind if I join you? I came alone.

My heart skips a beat. He wanted to sit and eat with me?

Mariella: Sure. I haven't ordered yet anyway.

He pulls out the chair beside me and sat down. A young waitress, about 17 or 18, came to our table and froze in her tracks.

Waitress: You're Joey Graceffa!

He smiles, nodding.

Waitress: I love your videos! Can I take a picture with you?!

She pulls out her phone and ran over to Joey's side. Before he could answer, Claire stops by the table.

Claire: I'm sorry, she's new..

She gave the young waitress a stern look. The girl rolls her eyes, shoving her phone into her back pocket.

Joey: No, it's fine. I don't mind taking a picture..

She pulls her phone out once again and hands it to Claire. They both smile as Claire, very much annoyed now, snaps the picture.

I felt really awkward in this situation. I had never been anywhere with someone so well known. I mean, even my sister had never been asked to take a picture.

Claire: I'm sorry again..

Joey shakes his hand.

Joey: It's no problem.

Claire turns to the young waitress and whispers something, before she walked off in an upset manner.

Claire: I'll just take your order to speed things up.

Finally! My stomach was growling in pain.

Mariella: I'll just have an Iced Coffee and a Fruit Parfait.

She looks to Joey after scribbling down my order.

Joey: I'll have an Iced Coffee as well, and an Omelet with a side of Wheat Toast.

Claire took our menus, saying the food would be out shortly.

Joey: I'm sorry about the whole picture fiasco..

I grin, not knowing what else to do.

Mariella: Like you said, it's fine.

He smiles, proceeding to take out his camera.

Joey: Is it okay if I vlog?

I was going to be in one of Joey's daily vlogs! I just needed to act calm and relaxed.

Mariella: Go ahead.

He faces his camera towards him and starts recording.

Joey: Well, hello there everyone! Right now I'm at my favorite Cafe to eat breakfast, and guess who I just met..

He turns the camera towards me.

Mariella: Hi!

Joey: Just so you know, this is not Miss Veronica. This is her sister, Mariella! I just ran into her and mistook her for her sister..

He makes an embarrassed face.

Mariella: Don't worry, your not the only one.

Joey: So we just ordered some nom noms! And, I think this is the food now.

I turn around and see Claire walking towards us with our meals. She set down the food, telling us to enjoy. Joey zooms in on his food with the camera.

Joey: Of course, I ordered eggy-anya's and toast. What did you get, girl?

Pointing the camera at my food. Than me.

Mariella: Just a yummy fruit parfait an iced coffee.

I take a sip, basking in the glory of its delicious taste.

Joey: Well, we're going to eat and I will see you guys after.

He turns off his camera and places it on the table. We continue eating and chatting. I check the time on my phone, 12:20. I debate whether or not I should go home to a mad sister, or stall it for awhile.

She may need to use the car though? I guess, I have no choice but to head back. Maybe she's over the whole 'snooping' thing by now?

Mariella: I should probably get going..

Joey: Well, I'm headed to 'The Grove' after this to meet up with Meghan. Would you like to join us?

That was unexpected. He just asked me to hang out with him and Meghan. I wasn't a big fan of hers, but she seemed like a nice girl.

What do I say? What about Veronica? I would think if she needed the car she would text or call me, right?

Okay. It's settled!

Mariella: Alright, I'll go.

Sorry.. Not sorry, Veronica.