Chapter 6: Ehh... Funny story...

I woke up sprawled out on the couch. Veronica was no where to be found and my breath reeked of vodka. I stretch, before getting up and walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I walk out, plopping down on my bed. My phone went off after a few seconds. I'd received a text.

[Veronica]- I'm not sure when you'll read this, if you're still asleep. But, I'll be back in a few hours and I'll bring food.

How the hell is she driving after all those shots?! Did she at least take a nap before going off and driving to where ever.

[Mariella]- I just got up and where are you going? I hope your not driving like a maniac!

I toss my phone beside me, just laying there. I figure, might as well continue unpacking. But, I felt too lazy so I just grab my laptop and sign into YouTube. I notice that Veronica uploaded the Challenge video and it already had over 2,000 views. I had only been asleep for maybe 3 or 4 hours and the video was already blowing up!

I read some of the comments and they mostly consisted of "You and your sister are so alike!" and "You two definitely need to do more Challenge video's!". Looking at the comments, I was happy about people's reactions towards me in Veronica's videos. I did see a few hate comments, but can't sweat the small stuff.

I then start to creep on Sawyer's channel. I mean, I had never seen any of his videos, besides the one earlier today. I had to do a little homework. I watch a couple of his daily vlogs and a few main channel vids. He was very good with a camera. He was hilarious and definitely a cutie! Why hadn't I come across his video's sooner.

I never got a reply back from Veronica, which made me kind of worried.

[Mariella]- Veronica, where are you and why-....

I stop when I heard the apartment door open. I ran out of my room and halt at what I see.

Mariella: Sawyer?? What are you doing here? What's wrong with her?

He walks through the front door handing me her car keys. Veronica's arm was draped over his shoulder as he drags her to her room.

Sawyer: She showed up at my place tipsy and just barged in.

Why did she go to Sawyer's? What about the food?

I follow behind as he laid her onto her bed. She looked completely wasted! I mean, we did have a few shots but not that many.

Mariella: We did the Cotton Ball Challenge earlier today and she didn't seem that bad after we finished.

Sawyer: She told me about that.. But, I can explain why she looks white girl wasted. She barged into my apartment and just started looking through my kitchen for anything to drink.

So, she just went to his house for free booze? That doesn't make since...

Mariella: Well, thanks for bringing her back.

Sawyer: It's no big deal. By the way..

He walks out of the room and down the hallway. I follow him as he picks up two plastic bags from outside the front door.

Sawyer: Here's your food. V wouldn't quit talking about stopping at Taco Bell before coming here.

Thank god, she remembered! I took the bags from him and set them on the counter in the kitchen. I peer into the bag and see a case of supreme nachos at the bottom, my favorite.

Mariella: Sorry she caused you all this trouble. Do you know why she went to your place, at of all the places she could have gone too?

Sawyer averts his eyes, scratching the back of his head.

Sawyer: Uh.. Funny story.

I raise an eyebrow. He looks guilty of something.

Sawyer: Um.. Your sister and I kind of had a thing going on awhile back.

What?! How is that a funny story? Why didn't she mention that to me? Was she trying to hide it?

Mariella: Oh, I see. So, I'm assuming she went over because she was horn-...

He cut me off, immediately.

Sawyer: Yeah. We kind of had this on and off thing.

So, they had dated? I felt weird talking about this.. Obviously, Veronica didn't want me to know about it. All I wanted at this point, was for him to just leave so I could eat. I couldn't handle anymore of this conversation.

Mariella: Uh, lets just keep this conversation between us.

Sawyer: Yeah, sounds good.

By the look on his face, he seemed troubled and somewhat sad. What went on back then?

Mariella: So? Do you need a ride back to your place?

Sawyer: I can just call a cab.

He pulls out his cellphone and hits a number.

Does everyone in LA have a taxi service number in their phone? I felt so awkward as he talked on the phone. I had just met the guy, and I find out him and my sister have this secret past. Well, this friendship didn't last long.

He ends the call, just looking at me.

Sawyer: They'll be here in 20 minutes. I'll wait outside..

Does he feel weird around me now? Great...

I sigh.

Mariella: Sawyer look.. You don't have to act weird around me now. What you and my sister did, is your business. I'm not going to judge you. I mean, I just moved in yesterday! I'm not going to think differently of you, because of this.

He grins, nodding his head.