Chapter 64: Good answer.

Megan: I can't believe it's the last day of Vidcon. It went by so fast!

She starts to sway back and forth, still holding onto me, firmly. I notice Joey behind her, staring intently at us. This is not helping to prove my point about Meghan.

Jc: Megan, Joey.. Hey.

She lets go of me.

Meghan: Jc, what a surprise to see you.

Jc: I could say the same for you. I didn't know you and Mariella were so close?

She takes a seat beside Jc.

Meghan: Yeah, we've been good friends since she moved to LA.

Really? Where is this coming from? Joey now stood beside me. Meghan glances over and had this look in her eye.

Meghan: So, what are you doing out here with Jc, Mariella?

Mariella: Just talking..

Meghan: Oh. Talking, right. So, where's Sawyer? I thought you two would be together?

Jc raises an eyebrow.

Mariella: He left last night.

Meghan: Really?? Is it because of what happened at the panel?

Jc looks completely dumbfounded at this point. I look to Joey. Bad idea.

Meghan: Did you hear about what happened, Jc? It was pretty embarrassing for Mariella.

I wanted to stop her, but there were people passing by. I didn't want to make a scene of me choking her to death.

Meghan: So, Sawyer's up on stage and he's asked, "is he seeing anyone" and most people know him and Mariella have a thing going on. So, he answers no which I'm sure upset her. Then, Luke reveals that he's dating Veronica and finds her out in the audience. The spotlight shines on them and Mariella just runs off, but-...

Joey: That's enough, Meghan.

She looks to Joey.

Meghan: What? Did I say something wrong?

Joey: Lets go inside.

Meghan: Oh, okay.

She smiles, getting up.

Meghan: It was nice chatting with you, Jc.

He purses his lips, nodding. She walks up and embraces me, again.

Meghan: I hope everything works out with you and Sawyer.

She turns and interlocks hands with Joey. He gives me one final glance, before walking inside. What is her problem?! I begin to wonder if Joey talked to her after I deliberately told him not too! I let out a sigh.

Jc: Okay? What was that about??

Mariella: Just Meghan being Meghan.

Jc: Are you two really friends?

I chuckle, reclaiming my seat beside him.

Mariella: What makes you think we're not?

Jc: She acted fake the entire time.

So, he did see through her charade.

Mariella: Let's just say we're not the best of friends anymore.

He raises his hands up.

Jc: I get it. Girl drama.

I laugh, looking down at my feet.

Jc: So? About what she was saying..

I knew he would bring that up.

Mariella: What about it?

Jc: Is it true? You and Sawyer?

I didn't want to answer the question. But, there was no way he was going to be okay with me avoiding it.

Mariella: It was true. But, not anymore.

Jc: So, I assume he left because of you?

Mariella: Maybe. I don't know. You should ask him yourself.

Jc: Nah. 'm good. I don't want to get in any part of this.

I turn and grin at him.

Mariella: Good answer.

He smirks, looking out at the scenery.

Jc: Well, I guess this is the last time I'll be seeing you.

Mariella: You know we live in the same area, right?

He gets up.

Jc: What are you trying to say??

He faces me making a questionable expression. I stand up.

Mariella: I'm just saying. I'm sure our paths will cross again on some LA street.

He just smiles, heading towards the door and opening it. I look at him, shaking my head as I pass through the door. I enjoyed talking to Jc. He was cute and all, but I have enough on my plate dealing with Sawyer and Joey. I can't add another guy into the mix.

Wait..  mean't to say "dealing with Sawyer". Not Joey too. Why did I add Joey? He has Meghan. Even though, he deserves so much better!

As we walk back to the signing table where Veronica was, I hear an unfamiliar ringtone. Jc stops and fiddles through his pocket, pulling out his cellphone.

Jc: Hello? Yeah. I'm on my way right now. Yeah. I'll be there in like 10. Don't leave without me. Alright, bye.

He hangs up.

Jc: Sorry, that was Kian. Are you okay to walk back by yourself? They're kind of in a hurry to go out one last time before we leave.

Mariella: No, it's okay. Go.

Jc: Alright. Cool.

He gives me a quick hug before taking off. I watch him as he runs, looking back and saluting at me, before disappearing. I continue to walk, pulling out my phone. Now. I scroll down my list of contacts, tapping on the message button.

[Joey]- Did you talk to Meghan about what I told you?