Chapter 76: Red "X".

"Secret Unfolds!"

"Jc Caylen and Mystery Brunette??"

Below the title, were several pictures of Jc and I from the last night of Vidcon.

"Close encounters below the waist?!"

Two photo's of Jc holding onto me as I skated on his pennyboard. A huge red circle around his left hand.

"Someone's getting a little handsy?!"

His hand wasn't even on my ass?

"Was a kiss or more shared?"

The last two photos were when Jc and I were face to face. Barely inches apart.

We were just having a conversation?! What the hell.

There was over 500+ comments!

"Who's this bitch?!"

"Is that MissBeautyV? Isn't she with Luke??"

"Cheater!!"

"That's Mariella, her sister."

"She's ugly."

"That's definitely Veronica!"

I groan, refreshing the page. Over a 2,000+ now.

I glance at a recent comment that was posted 10 seconds ago. It had a picture attached to it. I open the file, it revealed a photo of Jc and I walking side by side. But this time, there was a big red "X" covering my face.

Shit! Who took these pictures?! I close the first link and open the second.

"JC CAYLEN IS TAKEN!! :'( "

A huge photo of us was posted below the caption. It read;

"Whose the girl? Vote in our poll!"

A fucking poll?! Both mine and Veronica's names were in it. Along with 3 or 4 others. Veronica was the top vote. I was second. This is insane. I exit the last page, dialing Jc's number. It rang once.

Jc: I assume you saw..

Mariella: Uh, yeah! Where did they come from?

Jc: They're getting retweeted on Twitter like crazy! I'm surprised it's not a trend-...

I immediately interrupt.

Mariella: Don't joke about this!

Jc: Why not? It's hilarious how blown out of proportion this is.

I face palm.

Mariella: Who took the pictures?

Jc: Don't know. I'm sure it was a fan.

Mariella: Everyone thinks it's Veronica!

I adjust the phone to my ear.

Jc: Just come out and say it's you.

My eyes widen, astounded by his remark.

Mariella: Are you crazy, we're not dating! I can't say that.

Jc: I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone will know it was me flirting like always. It'll all blow over after you admit it was you.

Mariella: You don't get it. This isn't about me. My sister is involved. She's in a relationship! I don't want her name dragged in the dirt. I don't need this right now. I have a lot going on at work and at home. I don't need a scandal with YouTube's biggest boy toy-..

I stop myself. The room fell silent.

Mariella: Jc, I-..

Jc: I'll take care of it.

Mariella: Jc, wait-..

Jc: Don't worry. Things will be cleared up by tomorrow.

Mariella: Hold on-..

The line goes dead. I look at my phone screen as it changes back to my home page wallpaper.

I messed up.

-

-

-

Veronica was still asleep as I got ready for work. All I could think about last night were those stupid pictures and how I spoke to Jc like that.

"How could someone do this?"

This is just another thing to add to the drama pile going on around here. This could potentially ruin a relationship. I can't let Veronica know about this. It'll just upset her more. This is my fault. I never thought anything like this would happen! I just hope Jc can really fix this and even forgive me for my harsh words.

I park the car and slowly make my way inside the Cafe. Work was the last thing on my mind. I put on my apron, clocking in. I grab a wet rag and start wiping down tables. I hadn't seen Claire since I walked in.

Evan: "Jc Caylen and Mystery Brunette"..

I turn and see Evan holding his phone.

Evan: It's funny how they think it's your sister..

I storm away to the next table, but unfortunately he follows.

Evan: We know who it is.

I pause.

Mariella: We?

He grins.

Evan: Yeah. Meaning, Sawyer and I.

He already saw it?

Mariella: It's not true.

Evan: Kind of hard to believe.

He taps around the screen, shaking his head with a smirk.

Evan: I mean, look at all the evidence.

He extends his arm out, scrolling down, showing me all the dreadful pictures I had already seen last night. I slap his phone away from my vision.

Mariella: Sawyer knows it's a lie.

He raises his eyebrows.

Evan: Does he?

Mariella: He has to know.

Evan: You didn't hear what he said last night.. He really doesn't want you anymore.

Mariella: Just stop-..

I'm not listening to this anymore. I rip off my apron and throw it on the table.

Evan: What are you doing?

I ignore his question and run out. Evan yells after me with a gritty tone.

Evan: Hey! Where are you going?!

Mariella: None of your damn business!

I jump into the drivers seat, slamming the door shut. I shove the key into the ignition and just drive.