Chapter 46: Forever.

I had to get out of there. I jog down the hall and sat on a near by bench.

I don't understand? I know I'm not his girlfriend, but does he really only think of me as a "Good friend"? I think of him as much more. Is it always going to be this way? If someone were to ask what our relationship was, I would say we were seeing each other or something along those lines. I wouldn't be so bleak. If I'm such a "Good friend", couldn't he at least let me know he was in the hospital or even call!

I don't think I'm asking for much.

I stare down at the floor. My vision was blurry due to the thick tears in my eyes. I quickly wipe them away. I didn't want to cry.

A familiar voice calls from afar.

Tyler: Mariella?!

I look down the hall. He glances around before turning in my direction. I slightly grin, slowly waving. He ran towards me.

Tyler: You okay?

I nod. He takes a seat beside me.

Tyler: You don't look okay..

I sniffle, rubbing my nose.

Mariella: Why didn't he call me?

Tyler: You'll have to ask him that. I'm sure he has a good explanation.

I stay quiet.

Tyler: Is that all you're upset about?

I shake my head.

Tyler: Is it about the "Good friend" thing?

I nod, frowning. He wraps his arm around me as I rest my head on his shoulder.

Tyler: Don't be upset.

Mariella: I don't want to be. He just answered so nonchalant. It hurt.

Tyler: I understand. But, you two did have a conversation about this.

Mariella: I know, I know.. I just didn't think I would be considered a "Good friend".

Tyler: I'm starting to think your conversation with him didn't go into much detail.

I sit up.

Mariella: I just know what he's been through and I want to be understanding. I don't want him to push himself into something he's not ready for. But, I also don't want my feelings to be left out.

Tyler: You need to let him know this.

I nod. I don't want to stay like this forever.

Mariella: We need to have another talk, but now isn't the right time. I don't want his recovery to be more stressful than it already is.

Tyler stands up.

Tyler: Let's just go back in.

I stand up as we walk back to Sawyer's room. He sees me come through the door and a wave of relief washes over his face.

Sawyer: Mariella.. What happened? Why'd you run out?

I clear my throat.

Mariella: When I heard you were in the hospital, I was scared and worried something horrible had happened. Why didn't you call me?

Sawyer: I did.

I raise an eyebrow.

Mariella: I never got a call from you?

Sawyer: I called you last night from the hospital phone. You didn't answer.

The hospital phone? Oh god! The unknown number was Sawyer?! I feel like such an idiot! I was so sure it was Meghan. Did Joey really tell her it was me on the phone?

Mariella: Oh.

I felt bad now. I was to blame now.

Sawyer: Come here.

He pats the side of the bed. I slowly walk over, sitting down. He places his hand on my thigh.

Sawyer: I'm sorry I worried you.

Mariella: It was my fault for not answering. I'm sorry too.

He smirks, flashing a smile.

I can't stay upset with him. "Good friend" or "Girlfriend". I know that he truly does care about me. When the time comes, things will fall into place.

There was a knock on the door.

Doctor: Here's the rest of your paperwork. All I need you to do is sign here and you're free to go!

Sawyer quickly signs the paper, passing it back. He sits up, grabbing the crutches propped up beside the bed.

Sawyer: Let's get out of here! Poor Hitch has been alone all night.

Tyler and I both smile, nodding.