Chapter 33: Everything okay?

I left Sawyer's house, pleased. I felt like I was on cloud 9. My mind kept rewinding us kissing, over and over.

It was 10:33 when I reach the apartment. I didn't bother telling Veronica I was back. I went straight to my room, still in a daze of glee.

I fell onto my bed, with a smile plastered on my face. I knew things were going to look up. I close my eyes, dozing off instantly.

-

-

My eyes shoot open as I look around the room. It was daylight. I pick up my phone, 8:51. I disliked waking up before my alarm went off. I look down at my clothes. I didn't even bother changing into pajamas when I got home last night. I threw the covers off and went straight to the shower.

When I got out, Veronica was laying on my bed, holding my phone that was going off.

Veronica: I can't turn off your alarm! I can hear it all the way in my room. Why do you have to have a password to unlock your phone.

I laugh, as she tosses my phone down onto the bed.

"Guess I forgot to disarm it."

I snatch it up, turning the annoying buzzing off.

Veronica: Thank you!

She crawls under the covers.

Mariella: Well, goodnight then.

I smirk, opening my closet. I put on a blue tee-shirt, white ripped shorts and a pair of converse. I go into the bathroom and start applying make-up.

Veronica: By the way, how did your talk with Sawyer go?

I look in the mirror, wide eyed, holding my mascara. I can't tell her what happened between us, yet. It's not a good time.

Mariella: It went okay. He's still not sure if he wants Joey to come back.

Veronica: I'm sure! He has a reason to feel that way.

I roll my eyes, continuing to apply mascara.

Mariella: So, now your just going to hate Joey?

Veronica: I don't hate him. I'm just still mad. He hasn't even bothered to apologize.

I stay quiet, finishing up my eyeliner and smokey eye. I put my hair up in a bun and tie a blue and white bandana around my head.

Veronica: Are you mad now?

Mariella: Not at all.

I grab my phone, waving goodbye. She just grins, turning over.

"My bed better be made when I get home."

-

-

Claire: Everything okay today?

She ties my apron in the back, looking over my shoulder.

Mariella: Just fine.

She raises an eyebrow. Was she expecting me to give her the details?

Claire: Alright then.

She lightly smiles, walking back to the front.

Does she think I'm lying? What is she thinking? I shake it off, following behind her. I start folding silverware into napkins. When I look up, I see Joey waving outside the large glass window.

Claire: He comes to see you a lot.

I jump at the remark.

"What the hell?! She wasn't beside me a minute ago."

Mariella: I'm sorry..

I didn't now what else to say.

Claire: Be back inside in 15.

I nod, rushing out to Joey. He grins, backing away from the window.

Joey: Hey.

Mariella: Hi..

Joey: Did you talk to Sawyer?

Hearing his name made my heart flutter.

Mariella: I did.

Joey: What did he say?

I flatten the fabric out on my apron.

Mariella: He's not sure.

He furrows his eyebrows.

Joey: Not sure? I have no where to live! I can't stay at Meghan's forever.

Mariella: Well, you did tell me something that wasn't yours to speak about.

Joey: Now you're siding with him?!

Mariella: What? No-...

Joey: You fell for him, didn't you?!

I was shocked, Joey was acting so mean and unusual. I didn't like this Joey.

Joey: What did he do? Sweet talk you and that was the end of that. Screw Joey! He can just live on the street!

I shake my head.

Mariella: No. Joey-...

Joey: So, what? Are you two together now? Even after, he said he would never date you!

I was speechless. Why is he so upset?

?: Babe, whats wrong?