Chapter 67: Hours.

Ricky: Thanks for coming out tonight.

Mariella: I'm glad you invited me. Have a safe ride home.

It was now 11:02 and we were back in front of the hotel. Everyone was placing their things into the trunk of their cars.

Kian: See ya later, Mari.

I chuckle giving him a hug.

Mariella: Andrea, you better keep an eye on him while he's driving. No dozing off.

Kian: I would never!

We laugh.

Andrea: Don't worry, I'll watch him.

She places her hand on Kian's shoulder.

Andrea: When you get back, we should hangout sometime.

Mariella: Yeah.

I give her a tight hug. I say my final goodbyes to Connor, Sam and Trevor. Andrea, Connor and Trevor pile into Kian's car. Sam and Ricky await in another, leaving only Jc.

Jc: So..

Mariella: I guess, till next time.

He grins.

Jc: Till our paths cross again on some LA street.

I smile.

Mariella: Don't fall asleep behind the wheel.

Jc: I won't. It's only an hour drive. Will be home by 1.

Mariella: Okay. I trust you.

He wraps his arms around me. Almost lifting me off the ground. I smile into the crook of his neck. I pull away and give him a quick peck on the lips. He lightly bites his lower lip, almost savoring the lingering taste.

Mariella: You're a good friend.

He places a hand over his eye, sighing.

Jc: Did I just get friend-zoned?

I smirk, shrugging.

Mariella: Sorry.

He places a hand gently on my shoulder.

Jc: Nah. I get it.

He turns heading for his car. I don't regret giving Jc that kiss. It was mean't to be friendly and I knew he understood. He made me realize a lot. I don't know if I could've figured things out on my own without him. He maybe a big flirt. But, he's smart flirt.

I wave goodbye as they pull out of the hotel parking lot. I watch till I couldn't see their car lights anymore.

-

-

-

I awoke at 9:30 the next morning.

I got up and took a quick shower before changing into a pair of sweatpants and a tee-shirt. I threw my hair up into a high ponytail and applied little to no make-up. I wasn't going to overdue it for the car ride home. I began packing my things as Veronica woke up. She yawns, stretching.

Veronica: What time did you get back last night?

Mariella: 11.

Veronica: Did you find happiness?

Mariella: I was never unhappy.

She chuckles.

Veronica: That would be a yes..

I grin, playfully rolling my eyes.

After Veronica showered and changed, we finished packing our things and headed down to the lobby.

Veronica: Start putting your things in the car, while I checkout.

I nod, pulling my bag strap over my shoulder and passing through the sliding doors. I unlock the car and threw my bag into the back seat. As I hop into the passengers side, my phone began to ring.

Mariella: Hello?

Claire: Hey, it's Claire.

Mariella: Hey. How's everything at the Cafe?

Claire: Good. The new employee's been a big help. How are you?

Mariella: I'm good. Just driving home from Vidcon.

Claire: How'd it go?

Mariella: It went great. I had a good time.

Claire: That's good. I just wanted to let you know you don't have to be a work tomorrow till 1:30. The new employee has the morning shifts now. There goes my hours..

Mariella: Oh, alright. I'll be there at 1:30 then.

Claire: You'll like the new guy. He's great.

So, it's a guy? He must be amazing at his job for Claire to like him.

Mariella: Can't wait to meet him then.

Claire: Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye.

Mariella: Bye.

I hang up, sighing. Now, I'm just working afternoons? How am I going to save up for a car now that my hours have been cut.

Veronica opens the back door, placing her stuff inside before getting into the drivers seat. She cranks the car.

Veronica: Ready?

I nod, slowly.

Veronica: What's wrong?

Mariella: I just got a call from Claire. My hours have been cut down to just afternoons.

Veronica: Why?

Mariella: The new employee works the morning shifts now.

Veronica: What? You need to talk to the manager about this.

Mariella: The guy must be that good..

Veronica: Well, you can't let him take your shifts. You've been there longer than he has.

Mariella: By one week. Plus, I got a week off for being sick. It's my fault this happened.

Veronica: It's not your fault! You can't help you got sick. They were the ones that told you to take off.

She had a point.

Mariella: I'll deal with this tomorrow. For now, let's just get home.

Veronica backs out, pulling to the parking lot exit. We begin driving down the road as the radio plays. I turn my head looking out the window. I rest my eyes for a split second before my phone goes off in my lap.

[Ricky]: Hey, you up?

[Mariella]: Yeah. We're in the car driving back.

[Ricky]: Can I ask you something?

[Mariella]: Yeah.

[Ricky]: Are you and Jc together?

"Together?"

What a random question?

[Mariella]: No, we're friends.

[Ricky]: But, you kissed him?

Shit.