Chapter 1

Mom: Are you excited to go live with your sister in LA?

Mariella: Yeah, I'm ready for the warm weather.

I just turned 21 about a week ago and now I'm packing up my things and moving in with my older sister, Veronica. She's 22 and is a well known Beauty Guru on Youtube. She moved to LA about a year and half ago.

Her exact words were "I'm moving to LA, because I will have a lot more oppurtunities there and I will get to collab with many youtubers! Oh, and I'm also going for the hot guys!".

Our parents were not okay with it in the beginning. But, now they somewhat understand why she did it.

She called me a month in advance, before she even told our parents.

Veronica: You should come live with me in LA. It's great!

Mariella: I can't just pack up and leave?! I have college to worry about. I have to find a job. What about Fr-..

Veronica: Come on, Mariella! You can't live at home forever! You can do all those things here.

Mariella: I don't know.

She lightly groans.

Veronica: Look.. You can stay for a few months, if you don't like it you can go crawling back to mommy and daddy. Okay?

I sigh heavily.

Mariella: Fine..

I'm too easily persuaded.

After that conversation, there was no turning back.

Veronica flew home immediately to help me pack. I had two huge suitcases filled with clothes, shoes and everything I would need.

Mom: What about your bed sheets?

Veronica: Leave 'em. If she decides to come back and live the rest of her life with mommy and daddy, she'll have her bed already to go.

Mariella: Ha-ha.. Very funny.

Mom: Doesn't your apartment only have one bedroom? Where will Mariella sleep?

Veronica: Quit worrying mom! I'll move my office/filming area to the living room and make that Mariella's room. I have this all figured out!

We sat the suitcases down at the front door. I was relieved we were finally finished packing. Our flight departed at 5:45. I check the clock on the wall, 2:30. We were on schedule, so we decided to sit and eat.

Veronica: You don't seem excited about living with your 'Youtuber' sister..

I half smile.

Mariella: I am.. I just need to get to LA and start looking for a job.

Veronica: You'll find one! You should be excited about the beach and meeting all my Youtube friends.

She was right. I did watch Youtube, ever so often. Of course, I would watch her make-up tutorials, hauls and vlogs. But, I also watched people like Shane Dawson, Shaytards, O2L and many others.

I have a Youtube account, but I've never made videos.

Mom whipped up veggie burgers and we sat and talked, passing the time.

-

-

-

It was now 3:25 and I had gone upstairs to change into comfortable clothes. I was not going to sit on a plane for 5 hours in jeans. I just threw on some Victoria Secret sweat pants, a tee-shirt and flip flops. I rush down the stairs with my laptop in hand.

Our mother drove us to the airport which took about an hour. Thank god, there was no traffic! We park close to the curb and start unloading everything from the trunk.

Veronica: Alright, it's all here!

I slowly turn to my mother.

Mariella: Bye, mom.

Her eyes began to fill with water.

Mariella: Don't cry! You'll make me cry..

She shakes her hand before wiping under her eyes.

Mom: I'm fine. Just be safe and call me when you get there.

We say our finally goodbyes and roll the suitcases down to 'Delta Airlines Baggage Drop-off'. We receive our tickets and sail straight through security.

Veronica: Just think! In a few hours, your new home will be sunny Los Angeles!