Chapter 14: An indirect kiss?!

We paid inside and I said goodbye to Claire. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the young waitress staring a hole through me. Why is she glaring at me? What did I do?

I walk to the car with Joey trailing behind.

Mariella: I've never been to "The Grove".

Joey: You'll love it! Just follow me in your car.

I watch him walk to his car, before getting into the drivers seat. I was still dazed from him asking me to hangout. I knew it wasn't going to just be he and I, but I was still happy to be around him for a little longer.

I pull out, following close behind him. I was not going to let anyway cut me off! I'm sure I was riding his ass the whole time, but if someone got in front of me, I would be completely lost.

Joey rolls down his window, pointing for me to park in this almost full parking lot. We drove around in circles, before finding two parking spaces fairly close by. In the back of my head I was wondering if I should text Veronica and tell her where I am.

As I reach for my phone, Joey taps on the window. It startles me and I almost drop my phone in-between the seats.

I get out, locking the car, before we start walking through the maze of people.

Joey: Meghan should be around here somewhere.

Joey was texting and calling Meghan, while I looked around. 'The Grove' was like an outside shopping mall. It had restaurants, clothing stores and a huge fountain in the middle of everything. There were so many people. I felt like I was at a concert. So claustrophobic! As we continue walking, I notice a girl waving frantically in our direction.

Joey: There she is!

Joey ran towards her, giving her a huge hug. I was a little jealous that all I was got was a lousy handshake, but maybe next time that will be me.

Joey: Meghan, this is Mariella. Her sister is MissVeroncia.. You know, the Beauty Guru?

She looks me up and down.

Meghan: Yeah. I saw the Cotton ball challenge video. You two are so alike!

And, here we go.

I smile, shaking her hand. She was the only girl I knew that could pull off not wearing make-up. I applaud her.

Joey: You did the Cotton ball challenge? I haven't seen the video.

Mariella: You should watch it. We copied Sawyer and Tyler. It was crazy.

Joey: Oh. I'll definitely check it out when I get home! I'm assuming you've met them already?

Mariella: Yeah. Tyler came and picked Veronica and I up from the airport and Sawyer tagged along later. They're really great guys.

Speaking of Sawyer, Joey kind of reminds me of him. Not in resemblance, but by the way we met. I was stunned by their good looks and amazing personalities. Even though, I already knew who Joey was. I feel like I know a lot about Sawyer.

I mean A LOT!

We walk and talk, getting to know one another. We stop into a few stores and browse around. Once we were back roaming outside, Joey took out his camera and starts vlogging.

Joey: So, it's a little later and I'm here at "The Grove" with Meghan and Mariella!

He points the camera at us. We both smile and wave.

Joey: We're just walking around, having a good'ole time..

Meghan: We should get Starbucks!

Joey: Yes!

He wails as his voice went up two octaves.

Joey continues walking and vlogging as Meghan and I look for a Starbucks. We manage to find one and walk in.

Joey: What are you guys gonna get?!

He points the camera at us than the goodies being displayed.

Meghan: I think, I'm gonna get a cookie.

Mariella: Caramel Ribbon Frape for me.

Joey: Shoodity, shoot, shoot! So much to choose from!

We place our orders and Joey ends up getting a Strawberries and Cream Frape. We sat down at the nearest table, waiting for our names to be called.

Joey: Alright, we're going to be waiting for our goodie, goodie gum drops and I will talk to you all when I get home.

He turns off the camera.

SB Employee: Mariella, Caramel Ribbon Frape!

I get up and walk to the counter, taking a quick sip. Delicious as always! I return to my seat beside Meghan who is munching away on her cookie.

Joey: Is the Caramel Frape good?

Mariella: It is. It's my favorite.

Joey: You think I could have a sip?

He knows I already took a sip, right? Why I am getting freaked out? It's just a little sip. It's not like he has some disease.

Mariella: Sure.

I hand him my drink. I watch closely as his lips touch the straw. An indirect kiss!

Wait. What am I thinking?

He smiles and hands it back to me.

Joey: Yeah. Definitely worth getting next time!

SB Employee: Joey; Strawberries and Creme!

He springs up, walking off. As Meghan and I are talking, my phone goes off. I look and it's a text, from Veronica.

[Veronica]- Where are you?!