Chapter 23: Cut the crap!

I must've pasted out last night, because I was awoken by the sound of loud beeping. I turn over, snatching my phone off the bedside drawer. I hate waking up to an alarm. It was 8:45. I notice I have two unread text messages.

[Sawyer (7:02AM)]- I know it's early, but I told you I would text you, so have a good first day at work! :)

[Joey (7:33AM)]- Hey Mariella, I hope this doesn't wake you up earlier than your alarm, but I wanted to tell you good luck again :)

A flustered smile spread across my face. Those two are so sweet. I reply back thanking them and get up to take a quick shower.

I went into my closet and put on a solid red shirt, with a black pair of ripped shorts and my black combat boots. Hopefully, what I'm wearing doesn't violate some sort of dress code, I didn't hear about.

I apply eyeliner and mascara in the bathroom, while brushing my teeth. I didn't want to over due it on face make-up for the first day. I grab a hair band and tie my hair up in a ponytail, than put a pair of hoop earrings on.

While I was looking at myself in the mirror, I remembered Veronica wasn't home when I fell asleep. I slid my phone into the back pocket of my shorts and walk towards Veronica's room.

It was empty!

You've got to be kidding me..

She stayed with this guy all night and didn't even have the decency to let me know! I wanted to call her and cuss her out, but I had a feeling her phone would still be turned off.

Then, it hit me. She has the damn car!

How am I going to get to work? I could walk. But, I would definitely be late. What am I going to do? I need my own car!

My phone starts ringing while I was pacing back and forth in the living room.

Mariella: Hello..

Tyler: Good you're up! I'm driving over right now.

Mariella: What, why?

Tyler: Veronica called and told me you need a ride to work.

Oh. So she can call Tyler, but not her damn sister who lives with her?

Mariella: She called you? She wouldn't even answer my calls. I've been trying to get ahold of her since last night!

Tyler: It's a long story. I'll tell you when I get there.

Mariella: Fine, bye.

I hang up feeling like I could pull my damn hair out! I'm so annoyed with Veronica. She's acting like a sneaky brat! She can call a friend, but not her own flesh and blood?! The only plus side is that she got me a ride to work, BUT that doesn't mean shes off the hook. She has a lot of explaining to do when I see her. I don't even care if I have to beat the crap out of her, for her to talk!

It was now 9:38 and Tyler was outside the apartment. I lock the door and rush down to his car.

Mariella: Thanks for coming to get me.

Tyler: No problem, girl! When Veronica told me she spent the night with a 'friend'. I knew I needed to come and get you!

"Friend" he says..

Mariella: Cut the crap, Tyler! She's with some guy named 'LC'.

His eyes widened. Jack pot!

Mariella: Tell me everything.

He sighs, driving off.

Tyler: Well, His name isn't 'LC'.. It's Luke.

Sawyer did guess right..

Mariella: Have you met him before?

Tyler: Yeah. But, only at Vidcon.

Vidcon? Isn't that coming up soon? I'll get to see him there then.

Mariella: So, are Veronica and this 'Luke' guy a thing?

Tyler: Hardly. They just meet up whenever he's in town.

Is that why she kept this a secret from me? How lame!

Mariella: So it's just a booty call??

He shrugs, grasping the wheel.

Tyler: I guess. It's kind of like what happened between her and Saw-...

He covers his mouth.

Tyler knows about that too?! Tyler and Veronica must be best friends. She tells him everything! Can't even tell her own sister anything.

Mariella: It's okay. I know about Sawyer and Veronica's 'past'. I just didn't know it was a booty call. I thought they both had feelings for one another, even though Sawyer had a girlfriend?

He exhales his held breath.

Tyler: Phew.. I was freaking out for a minute there. I thought I was spilling something you didn't know. But, they did have feelings for each other. They just always had sex when they were together.

I learn something new about their past every time it's brought up. I might as well just ask Tyler, if I want to know any information about anything.

Mariella: Do you know if she has any feelings for this 'Luke'?

He bit his lower lip, mumbling.

Tyler: She says she loves him.