Chapter 51: Pretty interesting.

I watch as Joey and Shane hug out of the corner of my eye. Others walk over to greet them. I wasn't expecting to see them so soon. I was scared and nervous.

Tyler: Mariella.. Mariella?!

I snap out of my trance.

Mariella: Huh? What?

He gives me a concerned look.

Tyler: You okay?

Mariella: Yeah, fine. Lets go inside.

Tyler: But, you haven't meet Tanya, Jim and Louise.

I just want to get away.

Mariella: Alright. Where are they?

Tyler: They came with Joey and Meghan.

He grabs my wrist, leading me towards them. My heart sunk into the pit of my stomach.

Tyler: Hey you guys!

They all hug and greet Tyler, happily. I stood behind him, panicking.

Tyler: Louise, Tanya, Jim this is Mariella. Veronica's sister who recently moved in with her.

Jim: Nice to meet you.

I shook his hand, half smiling.

Louise: The cotton ball challenge with your sister was hilarious!

I softly smile.

Mariella: Thank you.

Tanya: How are you liking LA?

Mariella: It's nice.

They all spoke at once, questioning me on and on. I didn't mind though, it kept me sane for the time being. It was nice to hear a British accent in person. But, I was being so awkward and short with them. I glance over and see Meghan approaching us. Why is she coming this way?

Meghan: Hey, Tyler!

She hugs him.

Meghan: Hi, Mariella.

She glares, but than smiles trying to play things off. I just wave. I notice Joey coming up behind her. I don't want to be here right now.

Joey: Ready to g-...

He looks to me. I freak out, turning away and walking off. I hear them mumbling in the background as I leave.

Great first impression, Mariella. I rush over to Veronica and Luke.

Mariella: Hey.. I think I'm gonna go back to the hotel room.

Her grin falls.

Veronica: Why?

Mariella: I lost my appetite.

Luke: Are you not feeling well?

You could say that.

Mariella: I'm just tired.

Veronica: Are you sure you don't want to stay?

No way.

Mariella: Yeah. But, don't worry about me.Have a good time. I'll see you when you get back.

She pouts, but lets me leave in peace. I say my goodbyes and make sure the coast is clear, before sneaking over to Tyler. I tap him on the shoulder when he's finally alone.

Mariella: Hey, I think I'm gonna go..

Tyler: What? Why? We just got here.

Mariella: Sorry, I'm just tired. Not feeling to great.

Tyler: Aww, well want me to bring you something back?

I shake my head.

Mariella: No, no. Just enjoy yourself. I'll see you tomorrow.

He pulls me into and hug. I squeeze him tightly before leaving. As I walk down the parking lot to the sidewalk, I turn around to look at everyone. They're all laughing and smiling, just having a good time. I didn't want to leave, but I felt I needed too. I kind of wanted too. I don't think I could handle being at the same table as Joey and Meghan right now.

I see Joey, hand in hand with Meghan. I guess I was staring for too long, because he instantly looked back and noticed me. It's like he knew. I thought I saw him grin for a moment, but I turn and kept walking. Not looking back. I'm sure it was just my imagination.

Walking alone at night didn't scare me. Staying back and enduring that awkward dinner would be scarier than getting mugged. I pace down the sidewalk, watching cars pass by with their bright headlights. I reach the hotel and press the up arrow on the elevator. As it dinged its way down, my phone goes off. The elevator doors slide open as I enter, answering the call.

Mariella: Hello?

Joey: You didn't have to leave.

I take the phone away from my ear, looking at the caller ID. How is he calling me without Meghan knowing? I was silent. The elevator music played as I tried to speak.

Joey: You should come back.

You don't mean that.

Mariella: I-I can't. I'm already at the hotel.

Before I knew it, I hung up. The door opens as I slowly walk through the hotel hallway.

Why did he call me? How did he call without Meghan knowing? She must not have been around. Did he really want me to come back, or was he just being nice? He has her and all his close friends.. Why would it matter if I wasn't there? I couldn't go back. It would be considered some sort of 'walk of shame'. I already lied my way out of it anyway.

Out of no where, one of the hotel room doors flew open. Scaring me half to death. I stop as a boy walks out, laughing. Then closes the door behind him. He saw me and stops in his tracks.

Guy: I know who you are.

Mariella: That's funny, because I know who you are.

I couldn't help, but chuckle. He smirks.

Guy: You're Mariella.

Mariella: And, you're Ricky Dillon.

He raises his eyebrows.

Ricky: You watch O2L?

I nod.

Mariella: I do. How do you know who I am?

Ricky: I saw the cotton ball challenge video.

That really got around.

Mariella: Ah, of course.

Ricky: What are you doing out alone?

Fleeing from my problems.

Mariella: Uh, just coming back from a restaurant. What about you?

He points with his thumb.

Ricky: Heading back to my hotel room.

I glance at the door her just came out of.

Mariella: That's not your room?

Ricky: Nah. This is Jc and Connor's room.

Mariella: Oh, I see. Well, I'll let you get back to your room. Bye.

I almost get past him when he grabs my hand.

Ricky: Wait..

I spin around.

Ricky: You should drop by our signing tomorrow at 5. You can meet the rest of O2L.

I look down at his hand holding onto me.

Mariella: Alright. I'll be there.

He lets go, grinning. I wave goodbye, walking to my room at the end of the hallway. Once I get inside, I smile to myself. I was excited for what's to come tomorrow.

Looks like Vidcon is going to be pretty interesting.