Ch 78. Sudden Fire

Sooorry for the long wait! Here it is! And dedicated to my new editor, iloveweirdos!

____________

I'm only lucky that it's Saturday today.

If I it was a school day I probably wouldn't go. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have problems just thinking about him. But seeing him? It'll be so much worse. But I still don't know how I'll react. I can't risk it just to see that.

"Krystal...?" Chris whined knocking my door as I cuddled up my pillow and dug in my face into it even though I could barely breath. I couldn't breath any better even if I didn't do that.

No matter where I go to calm myself down I just get more frustrated and stressed out. I'm not myself. I can't concentrate. My whole body is aching and shaking. Why is this happening to me?

"Sis!" he yelled louder but my ears was beyond reach. I couldn't hear a thing - except of the sound of his voice. He's surrounding me. He's everything.

Chris calls was faint but I still listened to them and opened the door, without making sure of how I look.

"What... happened?" Chris said. This guy probably read my diary when we were kids because he remembered the sob rules that I wrote down. He was silent and just smiled, pretending that he didn't notice my horrible face.

"Do you want me to make dinner?" he grinned and headed to the kitchen. He was just being nice. Chris can't cook. But I accepted his kindness. It's not often he offer me help. Not that I'm home very often now.

"Sure. Go ahead." I told him. He opened the fridge and took some asparagus's.

"These things looks like the background of the cereal I eat! But green!" he said and laughed.

"They do." I chimed, too lazy to explain anything. I took Chris' seat on the couch and noticed how it has started forming his body. Does he lie on this spot the whole day? I feel sorry for the couch.

I watched TV for some minutes and couldn't help being bored. I flipped the channels and then stopped when I saw my face on it. It was the movie trailer. Now I'm embarrassed. Even though they haven't even filmed everything they start airing it already. Bad timing. At least for me.

I changed the channel before I'd be able to see his face. It's the last thing I need right now. I kind of want to forget his face right now but at the same time I don't.

I could smell something. Something got burnt. It smells like the changing rooms after PE - when the girls straighten their hair. Burnt hair huh? Since when did Chris straighten his hair? No, I don't think he's doing that it must be something else.

I got up and realised how comfortable the seat was and it was hard getting out of it. Now I know how Chris feel everyday. When I went to the kitchen I saw Chris with the pan and it was on fire. On fire.

"Chris!" I yelled. "Put it out!"

He was panicking and nodded. He was looking for water but took the nearest bottle and poured it onto the pan. It was oil. The fire got ten times bigger and it spread out on the drapes and the floor.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed.

"I thought that any liquid would put it out!" he replied and he had tears in his eyes. Typical my stupid brother. I shouldn't underestimate him because he was the one that got me into the school as him.

He dropped the pan when he realised that it was impossible to put it out. I grabbed his wrist and lead him to the hallway. It was impossible getting out. The door was burning and a shelf had fallen over so that we couldn't get past it. I checked all the windows but they were all covered. We're doomed.