Ch 42. Performance

___________

Now it's here. It's just some minutes before I'm going to perform. The audience were cheering a lot. That pumped me up but stillmade me more nervous. The backstage people were there looking so deeply into their lines that they didn't notice me. I wanted to chat with Emíne before doing it but she was focused at the car thing. Camille was sucked up into the script and so was Darrén. I looked once more into the mirror, insuring that I didn't have something on my face. When I looked out to see the audience I caught so many cameras behind them all. If I mess up they'll tape me and put it up at Youtube. I can see the line 'Sarah flopping down' if I fall from the stage. How the hell would I be able to fall down the stage...? I keep pulling out my self confidence.

Okay, review your lyrics so you have something else to think about! I went through it but still had time to think because the guy leading the speech had messed up dropping the paper. My breaths came in and out my lungs faster and faster when the time ticked. I'm so ready to drop off. How did I manage to do this before? I did it at Lady Gaga's concert, that weirdo's talkshow and more I don't remember! Maybe it's because there's people I know? That might be it. But I have an other theory, like that every time I perform it's mostly in a rush and I don't have time thinking so I just do it... Might be it.

"Sarah!" was loudly shouted from the speakers. I stiffened immediately but shrugged it off when seeing the mirror next to me. Look relaxed, be calm, and take it easy. Perform with a smile! Hey... how can I perform with a smile when my song is all sad? I can't sing something sad while smiling am I stupid or what? It's like telling a clown to look sad. Wait, that was reversed. Uh... How about a dog that doesn't have a home to smile? Dogs can't smile right? Wait they can... I heard that there was a dog in Japan that could smile every time he saw it's owner. No! I need to get on the stage now before they think I've gone missing!

I took my first step. It went well. I didn't trip. Confidence flooded in me every time I took an other step that clearly went well. I can do this! I took the mic.

"Hi..." I greeted nervously when I noticed the big screen have my face on it. When I looked at it, it showed my back head because I turned my head back. They gave me warm applauds and that warmed my heart. I gained the courage to speak.

"I'm Sarah. This will be my first performance at East Creket and there will soon be more!" They were loud and that made me feel more comfortable because I'd never want to say that with a silence because it would sound so lame.

"First, I'll play 'Trapped', my debut single and after that it's 'I'm myself', my new one." They slowly got more quiet when listening to me. "Then, I'll show you all a preview of the music video of 'I'm myself, that will be released in 5 days, and the CD will be released in 10 days." They clapped their hand as I went to the beautiful piano behind me.

The mic that was being fast put on the piano, reaching my mouth was actually not reaching my height and I had to stretch my back so much that it hurt to reach it a little. I couldn't stand it and tried to adjust it but totally failed. They all seemed to notice it and I felt self conscious as the big screen had my face on it looking all nervous and embarrassed. I really need to do something about it. I wanted to wait for the staff to fix it for me but they never came because they were so slow.

Instead of calling for help I didn't want to embarrass myself and make them think that I'm a stupid blond(I actually was so poor that I didn't bother to get something to do with technology.) so I took the mic in my left hand. The staff behind were nervously looking at me and I heard many of them panicky saying what I was doing. I'll use the most important notes on the right hand and sing. My right hand might get sore and have a hard time to take the left hands notes and some of the right. I haven't even practised on it and felt nervous but did my best.