Ch 34. A Plan

________

I can't do that. I fell into a black hole in my head when he said those words. I do know that I have to protect the secret but is it worth it if I have to pretend to be his girlfriend?! He had intensity in his eyes and that told me everything l. But I think he could see that I was disgust by that though because that little intensity in his eyes left as soon as he bored his eyes into mine. It looked like he thought I had said yes and was now leaning forward, ready to kiss me.

"Not going to happen." I said as I shoved him back. He laughed.

"Then what are you going to do?"

"Why are you using something like that as a condition?" I asked. I wrinkled my eyebrows and peered into his eyes.

"Publicity."

"That's really stupid you know." I laughed. He laughed with me and I knew that he was a carefree person who just wants to enjoy his life.

"True but I think you're hot too." I froze like a statue. That's the first time someone has said that to me and really surprised me. "But I'm serious, so next time we see each other you have to act like a couple with me." he grinned. I sent him glares all the time but he didn't seem to get the message.

"Then I just have to ignore you." I smiled, all proud over coming up with that solution.I can't believe I just met another bad guy.

¤¤¤

"Another bad guy?!" Emíne shrieked. I nodded disappointingly.

"I have the great luck of people trying to reveal my secret all the time..."

"I can't believe that Dan is like that!"

"Yeah.." I laughed. "You and Ambreal were a bit busy fighting over him." She joined me laughing and ate more of her ice cream.

"That's just something we do. We have made a deal of never getting together with a guy until we graduate and since it's so fun when we fight over a guy we just pretend to want him. We always do that but when he finally chooses who he'll get together with we dump him big. It's our circle."

"That's kind of mean." I said and saw that she looked a bit hurt. "You know that you're awesome right?" She shone up. "You're like my role model!"

"Aw thank you sweetheart!" she hugged me but accidentally dropped her spoon. "Darn it. I'll get a new one." She pushed back the chair and marched into the shop and I saw her flirting with the cashier to get a new ice cream even though she already had one. She got one and ran back her with her victorious smile.

"New ice cream! Want some?"

"No thanks. Since I'm not used to eating much of these stuff I'll get really fat." I grinned.

"Oh stop it. But how are you going to do this time?" she asked as she digged into her ice cream. I took a sip from my drink and thought for a while.

"You know what? I don't know. But I don't get why I'm so calm of this matter."

"That's because you're used right?" she laughed.

"Must be true. First, May - or at least I thought she meant that secret and then you, then mom and dad and this time it's Dan. Do you think Darrén will tell if he finds out?" I asked and she saw how worried I was. Emíne can see right through me and that is good considering all the circumstances but sometimes it's just embarrassing. She shook her head.

"Of course he won't He's not that type. But don't know if he'll forgive you." I let out a sigh.

"But I don't have time to freak out of matters like Darrén finding out!" I said as I stood up and bringing some attention to me. "I should be freaking out right now because of Dan! And I really need to make a plan." She smiled in excitement. We sat there for some minutes trying to figure out an escape out of this mess.