Ch 63. Mind Drift

_____________

It was just a compliment. Now think of what you just said a while ago. Why wouldn't I look pretty when I got professional help? It's their job to make me beautiful. Now go and send one back at him! If this is how it feels like to get a compliment I'll just take revenge, sending it right at him.

Oh this is so not working. Everything I could hear was our footsteps, that echoed; surprisingly we were walking in the same rhythm. Since he have so long legs compared to me maybe he's just taking smaller steps? No, no what am I thinking? Yes, I'm thinking about his long legs taking short steps. Pathetic? Oh yes.

Now throw him back a compliment! I bet he told you that you were beautiful because he wanted to make you feel like this! I can see it, how his mind is thinking!

'Sarah deserves to feel like that so I'm going to tell her a compliment!' my minds voice said through my head. That's the worse try of mimicking Darrén's voice ever! I could feel the anger. Well, anger that was built to fight my other mind or something. Yes I'm weird.

Now tell him! It yelled. It startled me and forced me.

"You have so long legs!" I practically yelled, because my mind was pushing out my words.

Wrong compliment idiot! This time I actually agree with my other mind. I didn't even notice that Darrén stopped walking. I looked back and saw him looking at me weirdly. He looked down at the floor and then on his legs, inspecting it.

"Really?" he chuckled. Okay, maybe giving a compliment can be embarrassing too.

"Uh... Kind of. I mean, look at my legs! They are so short!"

"But I don't like girls with too long legs." he stated. I don't know why but suddenly my chest felt all bubbly, as if you just found out that there's ice cream in the fridge. Okay, bad example. "You know with the model industry worshipping 'spider-legs'? I kind of dislike spiders."

Darrén afraid of spiders? This is hilarious. But he won't beat me since I just told him that he has long legs. No, why the hell did I bring it up? Now I'm blushing again...

"There you are!" a loud voice yelled. I bet you know who it is.

"Yo Carter." I joked, knowing it was him without even looking.

"Don't you 'Yo' me!" he surprisingly fought back. "Do not get late! Time is money!"

Time in my ass. Whatever, I have to get working now. I can't ruin this chance since I still have to make money for an apartment I don't use and the pig living in it eating up all my money.

Let's give it another try now okay? I turned around, looking at Darrén. Do not hesitate.

"You look good." I complimented him. Finally! Poof, it felt like that, when your heart light up because you don't dare to do something but finally does.

I take that back. Because his smiled made me breathless. Sure, I didn't have weight on my or whatever shit I'm spitting out but now I can't breath! You'd rather have a heavy body than not being able to breath right? Common sense. Okay I shouldn't use that to something like this.

"Where the hell is Christopher?!" I looked at Carter.

"Who the hell is Christopher?" I asked him.

He wrinkle his eyebrows. "Your boyfriend?"

"My boyfriend? You mean Chris?"

"Isn't that a short version of Christopher?"

"May be. But not in his case." I grinned.